Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

I watched Wigan against Man U and Arsenal and they played just like they did today against us. All one touch passes, pace and drive. F*** knows why they only play like that in the last third of a season.

None of our team played well today. Regroup and go again against Chelsea. Hopefully the team will be fired up to 'right a wrong'.

Well done Pards, bring off the player who has been running the show for the last 10 minutes and the only player creaking anything. Idiot.

Back to insulting him again. Wondered how long it would take.

Why is it ok to insult Mike Williamson but not Alan Pardew?

When did I insult Williamson? I offered a fair appraisal of him and didn't resort to calling him names.

Plus, one's done a superb job this season and the other has let us down time after time.

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Williamson and what you said

Right. He's been a rock.

He's done his best and made some mistakes, just like Pardew. It's MADNESS to call the latter names though?

We're on 62 points with that squad. Anyone calling Pardew names is a f***ing idiot.

Williamson is part of that squad you utter wum.

Which is exactly why Pardew doesn't deserve to be called names. Have you figured it out yet?

Nope :memelol:

Guest BooBoo

What was the fans reaction at the end? Booed off?

Don't be stupid.

To be fair there was booing at half time, stupid.

You could tell from the first 3 minutes of the game how the match was going to end up. Wigan were that much hungrier to win and confident in the system they were playing. Where as we looked miles off the pace & couldnt get a hold of the ball. Credit to Wigan, they played some lovely passages of play, all of their moves were coming off. It was disappointing that Pardew reverted from the system that has served us so well, so early in the match. As soon as Cabaye retreated to a deeper position, the game was effectively over in my eyes. Anyway, onwards and upwards, lets hope this match is a reality check that we arent world beaters and we can get at least 4 points out of our last 3 games.

Guest bimpy474

Don't be stupid.

Booing the performance for that half would be quite fair i think.

Don't be stupid.

It wouldn't like.

Guest bimpy474

Don't be stupid.

It wouldn't like.

It would  :razz:

Wigan were on fire, everything clicked for them, and their formation unlocked us. In hindsight you could say we might have matched their formation from the start, but can you image the reaction if we did and they nicked a goal... thats football, we didnt cave in 2nd half and your never going to play well every game. Main disapointment is the soft first goal, but whatever the results I trust Pardew & the players to keep their heads up and keep going in the last 3 games.

GD could be vital vs. Spurs, I know we'd not win it, but taking HBA off when we had that sort of momentum which could've taken 1 or 2 goals off the deficit I just don't get.

GD wont come anywhere near it man

Of course it won't, baffling comment.

Before the match the difference between us and Spurs was -7. Not impossible by any means,

Well done Pards, bring off the player who has been running the show for the last 10 minutes and the only player creaking anything. Idiot.

Back to insulting him again. Wondered how long it would take.

Why is it ok to insult Mike Williamson but not Alan Pardew?

When did I insult Williamson? I offered a fair appraisal of him and didn't resort to calling him names.

Plus, one's done a superb job this season and the other has let us down time after time.

No he hasn't

Who hasn't what?

Williamson and what you said

Right. He's been a rock.

He's done his best and made some mistakes, just like Pardew. It's MADNESS to call the latter names though?

We're on 62 points with that squad. Anyone calling Pardew names is a f***ing idiot.

Williamson is part of that squad you utter wum.

Which is exactly why Pardew doesn't deserve to be called names. Have you figured it out yet?

Nope

Ok, I'll try to make it simple for you. We've overachieved massively this season with Championship players like Williamson, Raylor and Simpson regularly getting a game. Pardew is a big reason for that. He's done an absolutely magnificent job to get us to 62 points.

Anyone calling him names is a fucking idiot. Hope that helps.

Think we just have to put it down to an extremely bad day at the office and go again on Wednesday. We're still 4th and a disillusioned Spurs have to perform tomorrow against another team battling at the bottom. Massive missed opportunity, but fair play to Wigan, they've beaten better sides than us in recent weeks.

So, to summarise:

Wigan were great (the best I've seen them play all season) and deserved their win if we're being brutally honest. Fair play to them. We, on the other hand, were shocking bar that great 15 minute spell we had in the second half (could have easily made it 4-2 if it weren't for the woodwork). Nothing went for us today - we weren't getting the decisions from the ref, we couldn't put our chances away and all our top players were well below par. It was not going to happen for us today, simply put.

It's best to forget about it now though, the players have to move on and they now have to focus on/give their full attention to the game against Chelsea on Wednesday night. Massive, massive game.

Guest bimpy474

GD could be vital vs. Spurs, I know we'd not win it, but taking HBA off when we had that sort of momentum which could've taken 1 or 2 goals off the deficit I just don't get.

Before the match the difference between us and Spurs was -7. Not impossible by any means,

Of course it is, if we did make the difference up we would have won more game anyway and finished above them.

For us to get anywhere near the same GD and finish on the same points would need results made in Narnia.

Guest BooBoo

Think we just have to put it down to an extremely bad day at the office and go again on Wednesday. We're still 4th and a disillusioned Spurs have to perform tomorrow against another team battling at the bottom. Massive missed opportunity, but fair play to Wigan, they've beaten better sides than us in recent weeks.

I can take the defeat but 0-4 at the pissy DW Stadium is insane. When we lose, we certainly don't do it by halves.

As I said earlier, if we made up that goal difference the points we have/would have would mean the goal difference was irrelevant anyway.

Guest Phil K

They'd better get their act together, as 4 will look a good result if they play Chelsea and Man City like they played Wigan. First half especially. Everton will whop them too

Guest Roger Kint

Nothing is impossible but come on, Spurs wont keep losing and you sound like somebody who doesnt realise what we have left after today suggesting we can claw it back. Bearing in mind your issue was a hopeful 1 or 2 goals back meaning we need to turn around a 9 goal shift :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I can take the defeat but 0-4 at the pissy DW Stadium is insane. When we lose, we certainly don't do it by halves.

You sure, 4-0 1st half, 0-0 2nd half  :shifty:

:laugh:

Guest Roger Kint

As I said earlier, if we made up that goal difference the points we have/would have would mean the goal difference was irrelevant anyway.

Exactly