Wigan Athletic 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg48

Dave

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have had their stinkers - this week was our turn. The weekend isn't over, nor is the Champions League aspirations.

The defense was still horrendous but i'm encouraged by the second half. We didn't absolutely buckle and i'm confident we can maintain some kind of morale. I've seen us play similarly poorly this season and got the result.

Just need to chill and put it behind us. Really does need addressing why we lose so badly though.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/hhhhhh_01/tumblr_m2m1zm9iU71rtcxc6o1_400.jpg

robbed off facebook  ;D

Ah well, turboshite for 60 minutes, pissed on them for a maybe 10 minute spell, but then took off HBA and effectively gave up. We didn't manage even a half chance without HBA and nearly conceded again.

Should wake them up a bit, if nothing else.

Poor game. Hope that's out of the system though and we're back on form soon.

Having said that credit to wigan, they were excellent.

Krul had a poor game, as did the whole defence. Cabaye and Tiote were anonymous as was Ba, Cisse missed opportunities but I'll give him a break considering how clinical he usually is. Jonas wasn't quite with it, ben arfa nearly dragged a few goals back before being subbed off, a class act.

Pardew got it wrong but to be fair on him I don't really think anyone could have predicted our defence would fall apart so quickly to so many goals no matter what tactics employed, but it's happened before. We need the first goal, we can't deal with going behind. Oh well, onwards.

GD could be vital vs. Spurs, I know we'd not win it, but taking HBA off when we had that sort of momentum which could've taken 1 or 2 goals off the deficit I just don't get.

that was throwing in the towel that sub. can obviously see why he did it, ben arfa was giving 100% and putting his body on the line to try and create - which he was doing extremely well - so pardew wants to protect his prized asset for the next match.

Guest Roger Kint

GD could be vital vs. Spurs, I know we'd not win it, but taking HBA off when we had that sort of momentum which could've taken 1 or 2 goals off the deficit I just don't get.

GD wont come anywhere near it man

Guest Roger Kint

Krul 3

Simpson 3.5

Williamson 2

Coloccini 4

Santon 5

Tiote 4

Cabaye 2.5

HBA 6

Ba 3

Cisse 4.5

I agree Jonas was poor but he deserves more than that :lol:

Dont drop your head lads. 6 straight wins. Pardews done a fantastic job. Wigan played better. They deserved the win. Hopefully we can bounce back. We struggle against teams that play football. Chelsea dont. Think we can snatch a win there.

Guest bimpy474

Well that was utter bollocks, i'm going to play Mass Effect 2 and having an anger knobbing with Jack.

Or i might let that Kaiden knob me, just like us today, bumfecked.

Guest BooBoo

GD wont come anywhere near it man

Of course it won't, baffling comment.

Pardew walking over to clap the away fans.  Was also making a "cut" gesture with his hand across his neck, dunno if he was implying for them to stop singing his name or whatever because he was there to say thanks to them.