Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

Ahead of this game, Alan Pardew commented that:

"The last three games are going to be about our season in terms of making sure we finish strongly.

"I am not bothered if we lose all three, if I am honest, but the performances have to be right because we are playing three good teams and two away games in there."

Poor choice of words there.

Meh. I'm not bothered if we lose all three as long as we put in a proper performance and have a go at them either.

I'd choose a heroic end over ending the season on a whimper, every time.

From his actual press conference -

"Still got 3 games to go, and all to play for. We'll go to Chelsea and give it our best shot."

"This team does not need to measure itself against anybody, we've proven that all year, but these are big games and we want to perform well in them for our fans. We want to give our fans an end to the season that makes them proud. The performance in the first half against Wigan wouldn't have made anyone proud, so we wan't to send our fans home proud regardless of the result."

Better wording for you Jack?

From his actual press conference -

"Still got 3 games to go, and all to play for. We'll go to Chelsea and give it our best shot."

"This team does not need to measure itself against anybody, we've proven that all year, but these are big games and we want to perform well in them for our fans. We want to give our fans an end to the season that makes them proud. The performance in the first half against Wigan wouldn't have made anyone proud, so we wan't to send our fans home proud regardless of the result."

Better wording for you Jack?

He still said what I posted so all those clichés are just that.

That he's not bothered if we lose? :lol: Whatever he's trying to say I think managers generally avoid saying that they're not bothered if they lose and there's a reason for that. :lol:  I'm totally not arsed because I personally don't read much into what he says anymore but the original point from Jack Flash is valid regardless.

Guest bimpy474

He just got his words wrong imo.

I did the same yesterday, my youngest son (just cut his hair very short) and i picked up my Mum and her rather large friend to drop them off at the local hospital. As they got in the car, the large lady got in the front and as she did this my son asked me something which i didn't quite hear, i turned and said "sorry baldy", due to his new haircut. Thing is i didn't say "sorry baldy", i actually said "sorry fatty" just as the large lady got in the car.

I knew what i meant, even if the atmos in the car didn't.

Maybe he was just trying to take the pressure off, we have played well recently but when 4th started looking like a real option we choked. He might be trying to get the players to just go out there and enjoy their football which is probably the best way to go about the end of the season given we probably have the hardest run in out of the contenders.

Do we really want to get a good result against city and help manure ?.

Best thing is chelsea wins the champion league and spurs get 4th and nothing,

Then our last three games would be pointless in more ways than one lol.

Guest BooBoo

I want to get a good result against City because I'm a Newcastle fan.

Unbelievable.

Guest bimpy474

I want to get a good result against City because I'm a Newcastle fan.

Unbelievable.

This.

Find another club.

Guest bimpy474

Find another club.

I thought a 9 iron to the left bollock, that'll knock some sense into him.