Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Nobody would blame our better players for leaving, but for fucks sake, say it as it is. Say the clubs got no ambition, the managers a defensive minded idiot, and ask for a transfer. Then we would respect them, and wish them all the best at their new clubs.

Nobody would blame our better players for leaving, but for fucks sake, say it as it is. Say the clubs got no ambition, the managers a defensive minded idiot, and ask for a transfer. Then we would respect them, and wish them all the best at their new clubs.

:thup:

Nobody would blame our better players for leaving, but for f***s sake, say it as it is. Say the clubs got no ambition, the managers a defensive minded idiot, and ask for a transfer. Then we would respect them, and wish them all the best at their new clubs.

:thup:

Agree with what you say but players such as Debuchy will lose their "loyalty" bonus if they speak the truth. I am sure they have sussed out they are at a club run by incompetent tight-fisted tossers.

He can hardly come out and start slagging the manager.

Course he can, it's whether he believes it's true and has the balls to publicly say it. Footballers have mostly turned into a bunch of politically correct pussies, where the bottom and only line is money.

I never get why players who want to leave rarely put in a transfer request these days.  I know it is about the loyalty bonus but in most cases, they are going to get a much more lucrative contract that will more than compensate for losing the bonus.

What's he supposed to say if he's asked whether he misses European Football?  "Nah don't miss it at all".. ???  We don't even know exactly what he's said, doesn't stop some people having a go at him though.

What's he supposed to say if he's asked whether he misses European Football?  "Nah don't miss it at all".. ???

"Mon dieu, European football is an unprofitable distraction from the prime objective of a 7th to 10th placed finish and I feel sorry for my ignorant team mates in this squad who are wasting their time competing in Europe."

Guest chopey

Carr just needs to find unambitious mercenaries who are more than happy with a top 10 bonus and enjoy a ride in a helicopter if another club wants to have them,

The thing is though, that's exactly how Cabaye, Mbiwa, Debuchy & Sissoko would have viewed us anyway. Stepping stone to showcase their ability then move on.

Cabaye and Debuchy were mid 20s and above when they left their first and only club so obviously other clubs had reservations about them otherwise they would already have moved on.  Coming to Newcastle and showing they can perform in the Premier League has proved their ability and in doing so will make them more attractive to the bigger clubs.  We have been a successful move for both of them and if that had not been the case then they at least had a much improved contract compared to what they were on previously at Lille to have made the move worthwhile.

France have scored goals for fun so far and Debuchy is loving the positive mindset of Didier Deschamps" side.

He added: "The thing I love is our attacking play, it's great to be part of it,

:pardsgrin: