Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I can't help but worry we need a left footed left back more than we do a right back as much as i really want this deal to come off

Jonas stands out like a sore thumb in that, which speaks for itself because he's not a 'bad' player.

Yeah, I agree. Whilst I'd argue that in games against the 'lesser' teams, particularly at home, Marveaux might be a better selection, Jonas would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me when we're playing any of the top half teams.

As NUFC supporters we're not really used to having feasible options past our first 11 players, feels good. :lol:

Guest hydeous

I think this season we'll see Marveaux really fight for a place in the first 11. Great that we finally have players of quality fighting for places.

Jonas stands out like a sore thumb in that, which speaks for itself because he's not a 'bad' player.

Not if it's the 4-3-3. He's a vital cog in that midfield triumvirate and he's absolutely vital to the flair player(/s) ahead of him.

If it's in a 4-4-2, i'd agree - but there's decent competition for places at LW.

Agree with Ronny in a little way, after Simpson goes then Jonas is the next 'weak link' but by no means as weak as our current situation.

After that, it's Taylor - which just shows our quality.

Guest neesy111

Been waiting over a decade for a quality RB that is solid and can attack almost like a Wingback.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I agree. Whilst I'd argue that in games against the 'lesser' teams, particularly at home, Marveaux might be a better selection, Jonas would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me when we're playing any of the top half teams.

As NUFC supporters we're not really used to having feasible options past our first 11 players, feels good. :lol:

Marveaux would defo be better from attacking point of view but Jonas' is really an all-rounder.

Guest neesy111

Been waiting over a decade for a quality RB that is solid and can attack almost like a Wingback.

How solid would you say he is? Better defensively than Beye?

Similar from when I've seen him, obviously the thing that stands out about him is his attacking contribution.

Jonas is a must when we fear fast counters down that flank. Jonas' capability in central midfield also make him very useful. I don't think he sticks out, and he's also the type of player I want in the dressing room attitude wise.

Unlikely but hope we at least hold on to Simpson 'til January and take a small hit in transfer fee. We're still badly lacking in squad depth & I'd have no problem him playing in lesser league/Europa games to allow Debuchy time to get upto speed. Jonas - Marveux aside the drop off in ability is far, far too big and even then Marveux is unproven both in  being able to hack it in the league and staying fit.

Jonas is a must when we fear fast counters down that flank. Jonas' capability in central midfield also make him very useful. I don't think he sticks out, and he's also the type of player I want in the dressing room attitude wise.

I'd second that tbf.  :thup:

Not if it's the 4-3-3. He's a vital cog in that midfield triumvirate and he's absolutely vital to the flair player(/s) ahead of him.

If it's in a 4-4-2, i'd agree - but there's decent competition for places at LW.

Even for 4-3-3 it could work, just put Cabaye in Jonas role and Marveaux in Cabaye's role. It's so nice to have so many options  :D

Jonas is the player that gives the team that bit extra physicality and ability to make the opposition work. Nobody gets past him without a battle, and nobody tackles him without committing at least two players. He showed some nice passing in the midfield three as well.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jomas has a bit more to him than the work rate though, when he's surrounded by attacking players (movement and pace in particular) he always seems to find a creative edge, lots of diagonals and intelligent passing (done it a fair bit with Ben Arfa and even in the Championship with Lovenkrands playing ahead of him). It's probably fair to say he's the 'weak link' in the eleven but he's got a lot to contribute.

I can see Jonas being our Park Ji Sung. Used in the big games where his work ethic comes into play, with Marveaux used against the lesser sides or when we're playing an out-and-out 4-4-2.