Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Unlikely but hope we at least hold on to Simpson 'til January and take a small hit in transfer fee. We're still badly lacking in squad depth & I'd have no problem him playing in lesser league/Europa games to allow Debuchy time to get upto speed. Jonas - Marveux aside the drop off in ability is far, far too big and even then Marveux is unproven both in  being able to hack it in the league and staying fit.

think Tav is ready to step up as back up RB

Must say, I love a bit of Jonas me, really like his workrate, industry and has a lot to offer going forward.

Seems like a top lad too.

Me too, he's class.

Jonas is a quality guy and he can definitely do a job in games, at times both offensively and defensively. Mainly the latter, but I think there will be times this season when he doesn't produce enough going forward. Step up Marv who's class

Unlikely but hope we at least hold on to Simpson 'til January and take a small hit in transfer fee. We're still badly lacking in squad depth & I'd have no problem him playing in lesser league/Europa games to allow Debuchy time to get upto speed. Jonas - Marveux aside the drop off in ability is far, far too big and even then Marveux is unproven both in  being able to hack it in the league and staying fit.

I've not seen enough in competitive games to comment but as with all youngsters sending him out on loan and ensuring he gets 90 mins under his belt each week will do wonders. He impressed at the Heed and Sheff Wed so get him tested in the CCC, comes back in Jan and take it from there if Simpson has by then left. Still got Raylor like and although I like him as a pro the further he is away from full backs slots the better. 

Must say, I love a bit of Jonas me, really like his workrate, industry and has a lot to offer going forward.

Me too, but i do feel in some games Marveaux offers more going forward and in a creative sense. Not to detract from the point though, because Jonas offers so much but not just in a work rate sense, he is very good at intercepting passes and starting attacks with quick, incisive passers. In short he's perfect for the role next to Tiote in a 4-3-3.

I'm happy with both of them and it's nice to have 2 fantastic options competing for a spot, but both offering different things to the team.

As for back up options to Debuchy i'm not concerned about that, we have Perch and Tavernier who is ready to step up to the plate IMO and if it gets really bad we could always put Santon at RB and play Raylor, Ferguson at LB etc etc.

Apart from back up CB and CF options i'm happy with the squad across the board.

I've not seen enough in competitive games to comment but as with all youngsters sending him out on loan and ensuring he gets 90 mins under his belt each week will do wonders. He impressed at the Heed and Sheff Wed so get him tested in the CCC, comes back in Jan and take it from there if Simpson has by then left. Still got Raylor like and although I like him as a pro the further he is away from full backs slots the better. 

Don't forget Perch :)

Good idea to keep Simpson till January though, doubt it would make a massive difference in the fee we get.

Me too, but i do feel in some games Marveaux offers more going forward and in a creative sense. Not to detract from the point though, because Jonas offers so much but not just in a work rate sense, he is very good at intercepting passes and starting attacks with quick, incisive passers. In short he's perfect for the role next to Tiote in a 4-3-3.

I'm happy with both of them and it's nice to have 2 fantastic options competing for a spor, but both offering different things to the team.

As for back up options to Debuchy i'm not concerned about that, we have Perch and Tavernier who is ready to step up to the plate IMO and if it gets really bad we could always put Santon at RB and play Raylor, Ferguson at LB etc etc.

Apart from back up CB and CF options i'm happy with the squad across the board.

For me, that's why getting Debuchy in is so, so important. IMO we're close to getting a really good blend of a squad now (still think we are a few short) but the options I can see in multiple positions is getting pretty sexy tbh.

Can see the personel for four or five different set ups now, none of which look lopsided or compromised.

I'm seeing round pegs for round holes up and down the pitch.

Getting excited now, the "season starting" itch is well underway. :celb:

Good idea to keep Simpson till January though, doubt it would make a massive difference in the fee we get.

Although he tries Perch is also a total liability at full back and the less we see of him the better...IMO

Was going to post that earlier, is there a chance he might just stay for the last year and run his contract down?

Strangely, wouldn't be against that if I'm honest (if MD signs)

This is a signing of genuine quality if it comes off, can't wait.

Have to agree - it will be the final 'weak link' in the best XI filled, which I see as:

Krul, Debuchy, Taylor, Colo, Santon, Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, HBA, Ba, Cisse.

If we can get them all on the pitch together regularly, we'll be laughing.

That is a fantastic XI mind - obviously we don't have the strength in depth of some of our competitors but you're looking at pretty big money for a significant upgrade on any of that lot.

Me too, he's class.

Jonas is a quality guy and he can definitely do a job in games, at times both offensively and defensively. Mainly the latter, but I think there will be times this season when he doesn't produce enough going forward. Step up Marv who's class

I think in our current state of development we should play Jonas, but I kind of wish we didn't have to. With his work rate, experience and appetite for responsibility he's hard to leave out, but he can be very frustrating in possession.

Guest BooBoo

It's difficult to criticise Jonas for his industry and likeable persona but we have to accept his goals/ assist rate is very limited. Very useful in the tougher games where he more than supports his full back, but a more creative/threatening player, potentially Marveaux, should be used against lesser sides.

Guest hydeous

I think Jonas plays better when surrounded by better players.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by neat interplay between Ben Arfa and Jonas last season.

Anyway, the season has got to start soon. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. I can feel it. I need my nufc fix.

I think Jonas plays better when surrounded by better players.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by neat interplay between Ben Arfa and Jonas last season.

Anyway, the season has got to start soon. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. I can feel it. I need my nufc fix.

I agree, the space he creates for others should not be underestimated. When we play with the 3/5 in midfield he suits it really well, he's hot and cold imo in a 4-4-2 on the wing.

Guest henrique

http://video.eurosport.fr/football/mercato-buzz_vid243143/video.shtml

Looks like his nickname is "la Bûche" from that...has to be called the Mighty Bûche.

Desole, cette video la voulevox de pacheselxusli su merci de beucoup sos no de baguette votre el notre dame  - geographique.

Guess it’s something with the geography and video restrictions.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Jonas had the cliched end product if you like he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be at Real Madrid or some other giant. What he is is a workhorse who retains possession and carries the team forward with his running, energy, work-rate and at times execeptional close control, quick footwork and dribbling skills. He's actually a decent passer too, but sadly he cannot shoot or cross for toffee. If he could.... he'd be some player. He's basically Ben Arfa on duracell but without his explosive shooting and creative mind. As it is he is more than good enough for us though and is a key player for us full stop. People are easily dismissive these days about some of our players. Just read the Ba thread or even the Simpson one. Yes he isn't the best right-back in the world but he was part of a pretty decent back-four for the past 3 seasons and has played a huge role in our re-emmergance as a force in football once again. I hope we sign this french lad but I also hope we can keep Simpson too. We would be strong as fuck down our right side, arguably as strong as we have been in decades.

Since the Jonas discussion seems to be at its best in this thread: Is there any stats available that compares wingers goals & assists? I wonder how Jonas compares to the rest of the PLs main wingers.

Since the Jonas discussion seems to be at its best in this thread: Is there any stats available that compares wingers goals & assists? I wonder how Jonas compares to the rest of the PLs main wingers.

Not sure it'll be up for last season but the PL Fantasy League is usually what I use.

It´s possible to see om PL Fantasy League, but I´ll be damned if I go through all of PL´s wingers to match him up with them. From what I could see, none really stood out and did much more than Jonas in terms of end product if you look past the top of the class wingers.