Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

This should be our negotiations

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/6/9/1339251282547/French-midfielder-Yohan-C-007.jpg

or

http://www.nevercaptainnickybutt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/terry.jpg

?

You choose debuchey, you choose!

what a crap come on....you'll be playing in the same league as that utter twat john terry!.....it'll send him off to germany in an instant.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/14/article-0-0E5AB34800000578-350_468x286.jpg

or

http://www.soccerplay.net/wp-content/uploads/Chelsea-v-Napoli-Roberto-Di-Matteo-pa-new_2733560.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vyMRJ.jpg

or

http://i.imgur.com/iFXIF.jpg

I don't think either of those relatively modest financial packages would arouse him to be honest.

I personally think CL football is a bigger pull for Chelsea in regards to Debuchy than the wages they can offer.

I think Cabaye is a bigger pull ;)

Hopefully so, i was talking about what Chelsea has what Debuchy would want and i personally think CL football would be a bigger reason than money.

Chelsea do offer big wages, but they are not City and they dont pay 100k+ for just anyone i think if anything is going to make Debuchy join them then its CL football.

Got to love our negotiation tactics. Always go in low to try and unsettle the player and demand top dollar for our own. Other club owners must hate us. O0

The Levy method - and as much as everyone hates to deal with him, his tenacity in the negotiations has to be admired. Better a hard-nosed businessman than a doormat like Shepherd or Ridsdale forking out whatever cash was asked of them...

It's not the worst negotiating tactic in the world tbh. It may be a bit on the low side but the selling club get it all upfront rather than trickling in bit by bit over a year or two. As long as we're prepared to increase it a bit to get him it's fine. There needs to be a bit of flexibility.

It's not the worst negotiating tactic in the world tbh. It may be a bit on the low side but the selling club get it all upfront rather than trickling in bit by bit over a year or two. As long as we're prepared to increase it a bit to get him it's fine. There needs to be a bit of flexibility.

It'll all happen after the euro's, hell tell the club he wants to leave, theyll lower the price slightly, we will only increase slightly. Well decide we arent going to buy him at that price. Lille will have a bad start to the season, will be desperae to cash in on Debuchy & well sign him in January.

Got to love our negotiation tactics. Always go in low to try and unsettle the player and demand top dollar for our own. Other club owners must hate us. O0

The Levy method - and as much as everyone hates to deal with him, his tenacity in the negotiations has to be admired. Better a hard-nosed businessman than a doormat like Shepherd or Ridsdale forking out whatever cash was asked of them...

Levy's better at selling than buying, this is the guy who sanctioned £15m for David Bentley after all

Inter bid for Debuchy rejected‎

Football Italia - 6 minutes ago

Newcastle United and Chelsea are also tracking the player, which increases the pressure on Inter to enter a bidding war. He turns 27 next month and can also ...

Inter bid for Debuchy rejected‎

Football Italia - 6 minutes ago

Newcastle United and Chelsea are also tracking the player, which increases the pressure on Inter to enter a bidding war. He turns 27 next month and can also ...

Hmmm will be interesting to see how this pans out. Pardew seemed pretty adamant in that interview that something was fairly solid, in a Lille player coming to us. However, alot can change in 2 to 3 months.

would be more concerned about bigger and richer clubs coming in than us being able to agree a fee tbh.

It might be that we're not able to agree a fee precisely because richer clubs also come in. :)

would be more concerned about bigger and richer clubs coming in than us being able to agree a fee tbh.

It might be that we're not able to agree a fee precisely because richer clubs also come in. :)

Apart from Dalglish who is stupid enough to pay more than what a club wants? the richer clubs coming means they can offer higher wages and that's where their advantage lies if Lille wanted a certain amount i don't see anyone being stupid enough to pay more it would make no sense.

It's the wages which is the issue, not the fee.

Apart from Dalglish who is stupid enough to pay more than what a club wants? the richer clubs coming means they can offer higher wages and that's where their advantage lies if Lille wanted a certain amount i don't see anyone being stupid enough to pay more it would make no sense.

It's the wages which is the issue, not the fee.

Of coure, but if the player is attractive there will alway be a club who's willing to pay more. Competition and desperation most often than not drive the price up. And usually you're not able to negotiate salary without having a transfer fee agreed.