Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Can`t see him coming here. It`s Miguel all over again.. lets hope we dont fuck Clyne around or he will be our Seitardis and we will end up getting another Carr.

Losing out on Miguel was a God-send seeing as we got Carr.

Weren't we linked with Seitiardis (sp) at the same time too?

Yep. Looked decent from what I remember (despite Greece being very anti-football that year).

Seitardis was the bomb, looked the part, but didnt he just completely flop not long after that? Not even sure he got injured either, seem to recall some kind of knee injury at somepoint.

Yep. Looked decent from what I remember (despite Greece being very anti-football that year).

Seitardis was the bomb, looked the part, but didnt he just completely flop not long after that? Not even sure he got injured either, seem to recall some kind of knee injury at somepoint.

I didn't really follow his career as such post-Euro 2004 but the fact that he hasn't been heard of since must give some sort of indication of how his career went...

Think he was badly injured when at Athletico and was never the same again. Was a cracking fullback, in the early-mid 2000's. :thup:

While Toon chief scout Graham Carr has had Debuchy on his wish list for almost two years, the player’s important role for his country has alerted the likes of Roma and Inter Milan, while Man United could also be interested.

Now the Geordies are hoping the player’s friendship with Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye could still swing any deal their way.

Would have been pro to get the finger out earlier?

The way Pardew spoke in the interview a while back gave the impression there was a pretty good chance we might get him. We tend to put in ground work months and months if not years before we buy a player and when it happens it often happens almost stealth like. I don't think anyone really knows and the paper stuff about other clubs coming in means nothing as yet. Still confident it might happen this end.

Agree with the above.

Debuchy will have some appreciation of the fact we've been after him for a while, he must have had conversations with NUFC, whether directly or indirectly and will hear good things from Cabaye and HBA etc.

I'd day we've got as much chance as anyone, if not more due to the history/length of the relationship.