Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Villa are only looking at young, up and coming managers who will try to build something.

There was some insanity about Mick McCarthy yesterday, I saw. Nonsense. They've also ruled out (in local paper) a DoF appointment, so that's the Avram Grant nonsense sorted.

Bloke on VillaTalk works in aviation, every time we've had a managerial change, he's kept people informed as to where Lerner is. When we appointed Houllier, Lerner went to see him at his house in Corsica, he told us he'd flown there.

Last time it was McLeish at his holiday place in Sardinia (meaning, somewhat amazingly, we flew across Europe to interview him, AND gave him the fucking job AND paid compensation to get him - amazing), he told us Lerner had flown there.

Anyway, this afternoon, he's flying to Norway.

Which prob means Solksjaer, but knowing Lerner's ability to f*** up appointments, he's probably going to see Egil Olsen.

:lol:

Was he the guy at Wimbledon ?

aye, marxist and wellie wearer.

Which prob means Solksjaer, but knowing Lerner's ability to fuck up appointments, he's probably going to see Egil Olsen.

:lol: Egil Olsen. He'd certainly be a seamless change from McLeish, I'll give him that.

Solskjaer would be a gamble, but better a gamble than another certifiable shit manager like McLeish.

Lerner just arrived in the UK. His jet went to Oslo, then to Molde, and is coming back tomorrow - you'd assume with a passenger.

I'm aware this sounds like a Spurs ITK and their council of ITKs pronouncing the future, but it's off someone on VillaSquawk who has access to aviation info and works at Bham airport.

There's a 45 minute documentary on Solksjaer on youtube ('Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Gunning For Glory') which is actually pretty good viewing. I watched it and after could entirely see why Lerner would think of him.