Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

His thread has done less than 300 pages in 4 years because he's been a nothing player for us.

His performance against a very tricky player in Anya on Saturday shouldn't be underestimated.  I tend to favour Rafa's judgement on players over yours tbh and Anita's probably played more games since Rafa came to the club than any other player. He's an important member of the squad, very important.

yeah he was solid against Derby.  Been impressive at FB 

But I'm not about to rewrite history. 

Chancel is looking head and shoulders above the division.  He's adjusting to the physicality - at least at this level.  And he's way faster than most of the attackers here.

I'd argue this league is more physical than the PL, the refs definitely allow teams to get away with more anyway ( more due to being inept than anything else though ) so if Mbemba is adjusting to that side of it all then it's great news for us.

I would agree they get away with more but the players in the PL are stronger, faster, more explosive and think quicker. Which matters more imo.

I have never seen Jack Colback win 2/3 consecutive headers in the PL like he did against Derby. Rarely seen Dummett show real recovery speed. Mbemba looks faster than the opps almost to a man.

There are very few grounds they'll accept I guess, the ref being wrong isn't one of them.

The ref was correct though, it was Serious Foul Play

:rolleyes:

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive. force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. − “Using excessive force” means that the player has far. exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent."

None of those things are even remotely true. It was Vurnon. There was zero force/brutality. It was just a late tackle. You absolute vagina.

It's a joke but it might not be the worst thing. I've liked the look of Yedlin so far.

Agree, Anita's been good this season, but we could really do with the additional pace that Yedlin brings to the side.

There are very few grounds they'll accept I guess, the ref being wrong isn't one of them.

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive. force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. − “Using excessive force” means that the player has far. exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent."

None of those things are even remotely true. It was Vurnon. There was zero force/brutality. It was just a late tackle. You absolute vagina.

You conveniently missed out....

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Both feet were off the floor which means he is not in control of the tackle, studs were showing and endangered the safety of the opponent, its a clear red card and if it was the other way and it was a Wolves player you would have wanted the same outcome no doubt.

The fact it was Vernon and he's about as big as an Umpa Lumpa has nothing to do with it

You conveniently missed out....

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Both feet were off the floor which means he is not in control of the tackle, studs were showing and endangered the safety of the opponent, its a clear red card and if it was the other way and it was a Wolves player you would have wanted the same outcome no doubt.

The fact it was Vernon and he's about as big as an Umpa Lumpa has nothing to do with it

I "conveniently" just pasted the first thing google showed me. I also "conveniently" didn't post the whole rule book.

http://i.imgur.com/v08o8TZ.png

In conclusion, "excessive force" is laughable. He went for the tackle in slow fucking motion, didn't go anywhere near him with studs, and kicked him with the top of his foot. It's a booking at the very most. And even then that's bordering on vagina territory.

tl;dr: Absolute vagina.

• 4 weeks later...

Quietly getting the job done this season and doing well defensively. The guy I know who plays for Southend said that little Vurn, Shelvey and Ayoze were in a different class when we played them in the summer. Said that Vurn is lightning fast over the first couple of yards and that he just couldn't get near him. Also said that Shelvey was being a dick and was moaning constantly on the pitch saying how shit it was down there :lol: