Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I always wonder what's involved in 'preparing' a bid.  I have visions of Lee Charnley, Mike and Dekka gathered around a computer screen in Mike's office, typing the offer up in Word whilst deciding what clip art and fancy borders to use.

Guest Archie

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/12685308/__Ajax_paait_Anita__.html

Says we're preparing a new €9.5m bid, and quotes from Overmars saying,

"But Ajax don't want to sell Vurnon, that's why we've made him an offer up to 2015 or 1016. The coaching staff are very clear, Vurnon is very important to the team and don't want to let go. With his new contract he'd be at the highest level of pay at Ajax."

Have to say the entire Vurnon saga leaves me a bit cold, but he must be good if ajax rate him this highly

Guest Rey Mysterio

Never seen him play but he would be a hell of a capture by the sounds of it judging by how highly Ajax rate him.

Guest Ilsteir

Never seen him play but he would be a hell of a capture by the sounds of it judging by how highly Ajax rate him.

Not sure on that. Anita is very hard to replace for Ajax as they require a specific set of skills for the DM-position given their formation and playing style (4-1-2-3 and possession based). They've spend half of last season finding a suitable player. There is no guarantee he will be as useful in a different type of team.

Anita's price reflects Ajax' difficulty to replace him, which shouldn't be confused with an objective measure of quality.

I always wonder what's involved in 'preparing' a bid.  I have visions of Lee Charnley, Mike and Dekka gathered around a computer screen in Mike's office, typing the offer up in Word whilst deciding what clip art and fancy borders to use.

:lol:

You must admit, it's got ridiculous now.

Its beyond ridiculous now, its one thing being tough on negotiations but this time it seems to be backfiring. They are only the right player if they are cheap enough, its not always going to work that way, at times you are going to have to pay the asking price if you want the player.

Its beyond ridiculous now, its one thing being tough on negotiations but this time it seems to be backfiring. They are only the right player if they are cheap enough, its not always going to work that way, at times you are going to have to pay the asking price if you want the player.

Exactly and if the player is of genuine quality then you have to pay good money. It's not like the fans are expecting popcorn signings like the Shepherd era. It would be ridiculous if we end up missing our main targets for the sake of a combined amount of say 3-4m. Improving the team further with genuine quality would surely mean you'd get it back in relation to league positon, ticket gates, Europa league run etc.

It only becomes ridiculous when the window shuts.

Going to Asda with the pot of coppers from the office and putting them through the change machine to see if they can increase the bid.

It only becomes ridiculous when the window shuts.

:thup:

Guest BooBoo

Do you not think its important that we get our squad and team sorted for the tough looking fixtures in August?

I know I'm whinging but it's not ideal. Take for example the right back slot. Danny Simpson could start those games knowing that we've spent all summer trying to get Debuchy in and that if we get him late in the window then he'll be sold. Hardly a massive confidence booster for him and I'd rather not have someone in the team who knows that essentially they are on borrowed time.

Of course it isn't ideal but it's hardly devastating going into the season with a side that finished fifth last time out.

Simpson is a professional, I'm not naive enought to think it won't have any effect at all but it shouldn't deeply unsettle him, especially when you consider his contract situation has been rumbling on for a while.

Do you not think its important that we get our squad and team sorted for the tough looking fixtures in August?

I know I'm whinging but it's not ideal. Take for example the right back slot. Danny Simpson could start those games knowing that we've spent all summer trying to get Debuchy in and that if we get him late in the window then he'll be sold. Hardly a massive confidence booster for him and I'd rather not have someone in the team who knows that essentially they are on borrowed time.

Of course it's not ideal and i'd rather at least get a RB in before the Spurs game because that's the only real weakspot in the starting eleven.

But if you look across the board we are not alone, Mancini said he wants a couple more players, Ferguson, AVB, Wenger all said the same and supposedly Chelsea want a couple more too.

As long as we do get the players in that Pardew speaks about before the deadline i'm not overly concerned.

As for the RB spot, don't you have confidence in Perch there? i though he did well when he played there when we beat Chelsea 2-0 at end of the season.

:lol: