Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He's a feeder, feeding it to others quickly with the correct weight. Some of the combination play between him & Tiote was good.

The biggest thing I got from yesterday is that he doesn't hide unlike Cabaye. Tiote-Anita-Marv next match please.

Anita & Tiote need another out ball. They pass it to Jonas and he passes it straight back. The strikers are too far away so there's only HBA, Simo & Santon.

Agree with it all bar the Cabaye bit?  Unless I'm reading it wrong, I really don't think he hides?  Even when he's playing badly he puts a shift in, gets stuck in and covers a lot of ground.  Anita seemed like he was hiding earlier in the season, but it was probably just the game passing him by due to him not being up to speed.

He's a feeder, feeding it to others quickly with the correct weight. Some of the combination play between him & Tiote was good.

The biggest thing I got from yesterday is that he doesn't hide unlike Cabaye. Tiote-Anita-Marv next match please.

Anita & Tiote need another out ball. They pass it to Jonas and he passes it straight back. The strikers are too far away so there's only HBA, Simo & Santon.

Agree with it all bar the Cabaye bit?  Unless I'm reading it wrong, I really don't think he hides?  Even when he's playing badly he puts a shift in, gets stuck in and covers a lot of ground.  Anita seemed like he was hiding earlier in the season, but it was probably just the game passing him by due to him not being up to speed.

Cabaye doesn't show for the ball as much as Anita or Tiote. Yeah cabaye gets stuck in but often it would look like Tiote is the one trying to grab the game by the neck.

For someone who's supposed to play quite deep he doesn't get very deep does he. I think he hides a bit off the ball, even when we had three in the middle at the start last night Sidwell was bombing on and rarely picked up. Think he's part of the reason we get picked off on the break too easily. Alright on the ball but i'm far from convinced about him. Maybe Pardew telling him to stay forward but if can see it's not working surely you drop in. Loss of Cabaye been massive.

Interesting that, I didn't notice it at all. I think he'll work better as part of a deeper two with Cabaye as the most advanced.

For someone who's supposed to play quite deep he doesn't get very deep does he. I think he hides a bit off the ball, even when we had three in the middle at the start last night Sidwell was bombing on and rarely picked up. Think he's part of the reason we get picked off on the break too easily. Alright on the ball but i'm far from convinced about him. Maybe Pardew telling him to stay forward but if can see it's not working surely you drop in. Loss of Cabaye been massive.

Interesting that, I didn't notice it at all. I think he'll work better as part of a deeper two with Cabaye as the most advanced.

Bingo.

--------Tiote-----Anita----------

------------Cabaye--------------

Ben Arfa------------Marveaux

-----------Ba/Cisse--------------

:sweetjesus: will we ever see this I wonder.

Because he's not being deployed deep. In fact he's being played the opposite way, the furthest forward midfielder who often pressures defenders in play, which is what he did last night.

Bingo.

Ben Arfa - Tiote - Cabaye - Marveaux

----------Ba------------Cisse---------------

:pardsgrin:

Bingo.

:weep:

Bingo.

Ben Arfa - Tiote - Cabaye - Marveaux

----------Ba------------Cisse---------------

:pardsgrin:

Not enough defensive midfielders in that lineup.