Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I thought he was brilliant yesterday. I love seeing a player in ‘the hole’ who runs around and pressures the opponents in their own half, though that sort of player is rare(ly utilised) (Holtby, Capi?, Tevez??). He looks much better when he’s running quickly at someone, and therefore challenges at pace (interceptions, forcing errors) than he has done when sitting deeper – when he’s static he (obviously) is a bit lightweight and gets brushed off.

I’d like to see him behind a Demba and at the attacking point of midfield in the Man City/United and Arsenal games. When built from the back, our offensive play is a rather basic; trying to get the ball high up the pitch and achieving something through intense transition might be a better way to score goals (considering our obvious tactical preference for fragmentation of the game).

Meta level post 106.8.

Alright lads,

Only just signed up.  On Anita, impressed me in the last two games. Willing runner and rarely wastes the ball. I think if our tactics are suited to his natural game I could see him being an influential midfielder. obviously has taken him time to settle in the english game, but I've got high hopes for him.

:thup:

Welcome to the forum.