Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest bimpy474

There is no reason to bring Tiote back. The change needs to be our right back and Anita is wasted there and needs to start centrally in midfield.

Aye, Dummett LB, Santon RB for me.

There is no reason to bring Tiote back. The change needs to be our right back and Anita is wasted there and needs to start centrally in midfield.

Is haidara fit?

Is haidara fit?

7/10 wb.

Guest bimpy474

Is haidara fit?

Not quite, and i would think nowhere near match fit. Probably a few u-21 games for him first.

I've always said I'd prefer to try santon at right back. Think him and Ben arfa would link up well. Debuchy is not the answer I'm afraid and while we got santon I always thought we should have got a left back rather than a right. Whoever said Anita at right back is a waste is correct. Far too much to offer in midfield than sticking him there.

I don't want to see Anita right back particularly but he'd be positionally sound there IMO. You can see his intelligence in his play on sat, dropping to fill gaps left by CB etc.

Would be immediately targeted in the air, seemingly long gone are the days of Alan Wright's and mini-full backs. Last thing we need to do now he's starting to look settled is move him into a new position.

Guest bimpy474

I don't want to see Anita right back particularly but he'd be positionally sound there IMO. You can see his intelligence in his play on sat, dropping to fill gaps left by CB etc.

Would be immediately targeted in the air, seemingly long gone are the days of Alan Wright's and mini-full backs. Last thing we need to do now he's starting to look settled is move him into a new position.

Evra(5.9), Baines(5.7), Sagna(5.9), Davies(5.7), Rose(5.8), Zabaleta(5.9). Not much taller but they manage. Vurn being 5.6.

Keep Anita where he is.

If we put him right back we revert to hoofball again or Tiote being caught in possession as he'd be the deepest of our midfielders.

I'd rather see Santon at right back and Dummett at left back personally.

I cannot beleive that you have watched the same game as I did! He was a footballing coward tonight, every time he got the ball he took the negative route or the easy pass without actually stepping up and trying to create.

I have liked him the last three games but tonight he was abysmal...heart of a pea

Aye, we all watched Newcastle - Everton, you were probably watching the Fiorentina - Parma game.

You need to watch it again seriously. Tonight Vurnon Anita iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss Scot Parker at his piroueting negative best.... Take it away Vurnon!!!!

Yes he completed many a pass tonight but they were all bland and wet in my opinion. He had about twenty opportunities to make a run into space or to carry the ball and draw players in before releasing and he always took THE EASY OPTION. This resulted us in being toothless in the middle of the park. second half he had a five minute spell where I think he suffered a bout of shame and knew he had to make an effort.

As long as it was a one off ...