Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Tiote is like a Korean built replica Scott Parker.  He does all the pirouettes and spins but you get the nagging feeling that something is going to go wrong any minute

Speaking of Parker, did anyone else have a little smile to themselves when the first highlight of the Fulham-WBA match on MoTD last night was of him doing a 360 turn, losing possession and leading to a WBA shot at goal?

Maybe he was slightly overrated, but not a great deal. That was probably because he was so much better than the centre-midfielders preceding him: Butt, Smith, Geremi, Bowyer, Parker, etc.

You what? :kasper:

Er, aye? Stick Emre in there as well. I forgot the likes of Clark and Amdy Faye n'all. All that list were either shit/flattered to deceive/worse than first-season Tiote.

Bowyer and Parker had the odd spell but were largely gash for us. The former was especially atrocious under Souness.

Parker's the only contentious one in that list of midfielders, I admit.

Bowyer must have had about three good games for us, tops - somewhere in that run of games where Roeder first replaced Souness, I think. I really liked Parker in his first season but, similarly to Tiote, he got found out and was utterly expendable by the time he left. Comparing his and Tiote's career here and it's six and two threes.

My initial point still stands. We might have overrated Tiote a bit in his first season because he arrived after we'd persisted with a plethora of gash in the years prior.

Guest bimpy474

We need to see Vurnon playing against the better sides to really see his true worth. It's ok against Fulham (piss poor), Wham (just crap) and Villa (as wide open as you could wish for) but lets see him do it against Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal etc. Think he'll do ok myself but they're the true tests for him now.

Like I say, he had a spell when Roeder came in where I seem to remember him clicking with Emre, but that was about it. He was alright for a bit and I was surprised we only got something daft like £500k for him off West Ham. He played a lot under Souness though and I can remember him getting the Jonas treatment on here no less.