Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

he isn't that good. Not a not a box to box player, doesn't win the ball, doesn't make penetrative passes, doesn't support strikers, doesnt particularly assist defenders. Waste of money. Average premiership player at best. Nothing special.

:lol: what a f***ing awful post

:lol: baffles me when people, even when trying to take the p*ss or wind people up, can display such f***ing awful patter like. It's just dreadful in every way.

you're wrong kidda. He doesn't do anything effective where it counts. He lacks physical strength, he doesn't win the ball. He's not very good. But canny to see people behaving  like 5 year olds. Is this a message board for 5 year olds as well as thickos ?

:mike: :mike: :mike:

If this post was "dumpling" than it can only mean your brains are the mince.

Nee offense like, sweet cheeks.

he isn't that good. Not a not a box to box player, doesn't win the ball, doesn't make penetrative passes, doesn't support strikers, doesnt particularly assist defenders. Waste of money. Average premiership player at best. Nothing special.

:lol: what a f***ing awful post

:lol: baffles me when people, even when trying to take the p*ss or wind people up, can display such f***ing awful patter like. It's just dreadful in every way.

you're wrong kidda. He doesn't do anything effective where it counts. He lacks physical strength, he doesn't win the ball. He's not very good. But canny to see people behaving  like 5 year olds. Is this a message board for 5 year olds as well as thickos ?

He doesn't win the ball? Have you watched the first goal from Saturday? He robs El Ahmadi and gives it to Remy who lays the goal on, you fucking nugget man. :lol:

And since when was retaining possession and keeping the tempo high of no value? I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are.

:kasper: really don't know what to say to that post.

it's a regular thing I hear though, people only look for ther eye catching, the other stuff often is missed. watch goal of the month, often just shots smashed in from 20yds as opposed to well worked team goals that end in an 8yd tap in.

:kasper: really don't know what to say to that post.

it's a regular thing I hear though, people only look for ther eye catching, the other stuff often is missed. watch goal of the month, often just shots smashed in from 20yds as opposed to well worked team goals that end in an 8yd tap in.

Aye - It's a shame that some of those types are over-looked, as they require far more cohesion and 'types' of skill. As opposed to one player just smashing it with good tekkers.

funny as fuck that 5 year olds who change usernames think they know more about than people like me.

And Malcolm Macdonald thinks the same as I do. He knows nothing about football either.

funny as f*** that 5 year olds who change usernames think they know more about than people like me.

And Malcolm Macdonald thinks the same as I do. He knows nothing about football either.

What exactly are you expecting from a player like Anita? He obviously hasn't made it as a pro footballer at Ajax for his goalscoring prowess, dribbling ability, Overmars pace, or tank-like build. He made it as a pro footballer for his speed of thought, excellent technique, vision and an uncomplicated understanding of the pitch all around him.

The fact that he can more than hold his own in multiple positions on the pitch tells us that he's somewhat a utility player whose best position happens to be as the lynchpin in a 3 man midfield. His pressing and closing down snuffs out opposition movement before he has to "put the tackle in". How does that NOT benefit the team? How does him doing immense work off the ball leading to opposition rushing passes, and resulting in us winning the ball, NOT benefit the team? How does him being uncomplicated in posession, giving time to our attacking players and those around him to position themselves for an attack before releasing the ball to get us underway NOT benefit the team?

He's clearly still learning about the league and opposition, and needs an extended run in the side before he can add to his repertoire. At the moment though, he appears to be dovetailing very nicely with Sissoko (and Cabaye) if the last two or three games are to go by.

Guest firetotheworks

I stand by my point about Tiote being the De Jong of that Man City team. Looked good while the team was getting better, but once we upgraded on everyone, his defensive style is no longer needed. Anita is the type of player that we need now that we have players capable of keeping possession, so long as Sissoko is there to make sure he doesn't get picked on.

funny as fuck that 5 year olds who change usernames think they know more about than people like me.

This sounds eerily familiar.

Guest firetotheworks

funny as f*** that 5 year olds who change usernames think they know more about than people like me.

This sounds eerily familiar.

As a 6 and three quarters year old, I get really angry, then upset, then tired whenever he suggests that I'm 5.