Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Our set up and tactics let him down more than his stature.

I don't disagree mate but for me having Tiote and him in the same midfield doesn't really work

I agree. As much as Anita can look okay going forward at times late in the game, it's a big ask of him to be the driving force going forward that Tiote will never be. Which makes not replacing Cabaye all the more foolish.

Our set up and tactics let him down more than his stature.

I don't disagree mate but for me having Tiote and him in the same midfield doesn't really work

I agree. As much as Anita can look okay going forward at times late in the game, it's a big ask of him to be the driving force going forward that Tiote will never be. Which makes not replacing Cabaye all the more foolish.

Exactly mate.

I think best case scenario for us would be a 4231 Tiote and Anita holding tiote being the ball winner and Anita distributing the ball with a new attacking midfielder who's job it is to link the play and drive forward

I don't really know why NUFC bought Anita. Anita is neat and tidy and a trier but but due to his lack of height he struggles to win physical battles against opposition players. He also wasn't cheap at €8.5 million (£6.7 million) so he didn't really fit the NUFC transfer policy, especially when he was our only purchase that transfer window.

I don't really know why NUFC bought Anita. Anita is neat and tidy and a trier but but due to his lack of height he struggles to win physical battles against opposition players. He also wasn't cheap at €8.5 million (£6.7 million) so he didn't really fit the NUFC transfer policy, especially when he was our only purchase that transfer window.

Still think he was bought that summer in the event someone made a big bid for Cabaye.

Still think he was bought that summer in the event someone made a big bid for Cabaye.

Yep.

Not exactly like-for-like but he was bought with the intention of drafting him into Cabaye's place in the first XI when he inevitably moved on.

Yep.

Not exactly like-for-like but he was bought with the intention of drafting him into Cabaye's place in the first XI when he inevitably moved on.

If that was the intention then I hope the person who thought he was a possible replacement for Cabaye was sacked. Anita doesn't really have any of Cabaye's attributes. He doesn't score or create goals, he can't take a dangerous free kick and he doesn't have a crunching tackle on him.

If that was the intention then I hope the person who thought he was a possible replacement for Cabaye was sacked. Anita doesn't really have any of Cabaye's attributes. He doesn't score or create goals, he can't take a dangerous free kick and he doesn't have a crunching tackle on him.

:lol:

Like Gouffran Anita is being judged on the stuff he shouldn't be doing.

He's a very good footballer, due to mismanagement he is being asked to do things he isn't really capable of.

• 1 month later...
“The atmosphere wasn’t difficult for us, because we knew what we needed to do and just focused on that.

“I think the opposition was scared as well by all the noise, so it was OK for us.”

“After the run of bad results, it was a good way to end the season at home.

“It was a good feeling for everyone and we must build on this.

“We knew there was pressure on us because we lost so many games and we needed to win again.

“We’re thankful that it happened (against Cardiff).”

Vern ain't been brainwashed.

I'm a massive fan of Vurn who made some good strong tackles last few matches - his commitment is undoubtedly brilliant - he's busting a gut up and down the pitch and even making attempts at goal.

He's a good little player but for me he's only viable in a 433 playing as the deepest player in midfield covering the fullbacks and the space in front of the defence.

Disagree, IMO he's better with a proper DM where his job is to keep the ball moving. A bit like Lucas and Allen at Liverpool.

He's a good little player but for me he's only viable in a 433 playing as the deepest player in midfield covering the fullbacks and the space in front of the defence.

Disagree, IMO he's better with a proper DM where his job is to keep the ball moving. A bit like Lucas and Allen at Liverpool.

:thup:

He needs the freedom to keep the ball moving around.

He's too weak physically for any other role for me like. Also distributing the ball is a big part of the role I mentioned originally

Tiote-Anita-Cabaye was a great midfield three for us.