Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I still can't believe that Reading game happened, nearest I've come to the sack brigade.

It was the game that put me over the edge tbh, i was willing to see what some new signings would do and get some starters fit.

But Reading was the final straw and been Pardew Out! ever since.

Fucking hell that Reading game man, said it many times but those were the 3 worst substitutions I've ever seen. Absolutely diabolical.

JFK 2-0 up at home to Stoke runs it very close like. Jonas and some other chump centre mid for no reason at all second half rounded off by an ex-player scoring.

Kinnear/Stoke was marginally worse IMO. Guthrie got injured and we had no CM option on the bench. As I remember it he could have brought on a forward and tucked Owen back into the tip of the midfield... he brings on Steven Cunt and what we ended up with was summat like this

S.Taylor Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Beye Gutierrez Butt N'Zogbia

Viduka Owen

Mind you, the "get a tackle on the pitch" thing with Perch in that Reading game cuts it mighty, mighty close.

• 3 weeks later...

Felt like towards the end of the game it was going to be either him or Ben Arfa who made something happen. There was a fair few times he surged towards the box and nipped past his marker but was surrounded by either Palace defenders or slack-jawed teammates standing with a finger up their arse.

This little fella is a wonderful player who we're now finally seeing his true capabilities. I think his contribution will continue to grow in the team - he was everywhere, always recycling the ball and all that. Love Vurn.

He was class today, such a smooth player. I took a couple of mates to the game today that aren't newcastle fans and they were both full of praise for him having not seen much of him before the game.

Our best player by a distance IMO.

In a team that attempts to play football he would be fantastic, in our team he is let down by the rest of the clowns in our team every player in front of him is thick as fuck whereas he seems to know where he needs to play next ball.

If we had a team with clever movement he would thrive