Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I've only heard a little about this lad, can someone give more details? Defensive midfielder or left back, right?

couple things I read on the ajax forums....doesn't seem to be a LB (though I suppose he can fill in)

A thread dedicated to our little big man. Thank god he doesn't play at lb any more, he's our best dm and I hope Frank knows this as well. Love his passion, tenacity and effort.

--

No seriously Anita could be an useless player for Oranje but right now I wouldnt add him to a 23 man squad because I dont think he is good enough for LB while Oranje has got better players for that CM spot

my only worries are that he isn't that good (honestly haven't seen enough of him judge) or that he's a replacement for tiote or cabaye.

From how highly Ajax seem to rate him I am pretty confident he's going to be a class player. Not like us to shell out big money for a dud these days. But yeah, I'm slightly concerned that Tiote could be sold now. Why would we need two top class DMs?

my only worries are that he isn't that good (honestly haven't seen enough of him judge) or that he's a replacement for tiote or cabaye.

From how highly Ajax seem to rate him I am pretty confident he's going to be a class player. Not like us to shell out big money for a dud these days. But yeah, I'm slightly concerned that Tiote could be sold now. Why would we need two top class DMs?

2 dm's could work well. also from the little i've seen he could be for the left of a 3.

why not?  besides pardew has said before he like to see tiote player further forward.  and with ACon and all that, 2 top dm is the least we should have.

Because if we sign Debuchy or an attacking fullback we will two fullbacks bombing on, it makes sense for the balance of the team.

remember how man city bossed us in midfield at the end of the season, cabaye and tiote just couldn't get a foothold against them....hope this is pards looking to put a nice little system in place with 2 strong CM's/DM's who can both play and retain possession thus allowing cabaye in particular more freedom to get on the ball higher up the pitch

in fact i'm very excited by this proposition as it would suggest pards knew cabaye was being weighed down with defensive duties at times last season, perhaps anita and bigi as backup are there to right that?  be great to see cabaye/cisee/hba playing high up and causing havoc

Happy with this like, RB is a bigger priority but that'll come. We had confirmation of the agreed fee? Between 6m-8m pounds?

How often does that happen nowadays.

fair enough, normally comes out eventualy

All the reports seem to think around £6M. :thup:

Fee of around 8 millions euros seems to have been mentioned previously, which is just over 6 million quid at today's exchange rate. Sterling is around 20% up on this time a year ago, which adds even more value to our European shopping trips!