Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Why am I underwhelmed at this signing? Had it been a year ago I would have been over the moon. Not sure about him now, hope I have to eat some pie soon...

I know it's only Youtube, but I liked what I saw, his finishes have the look of a natural goalscorer. He looks closer to 33 years old than 23 though.

With De Jong in and Remy back i assume AP will play "Gouffran - De Jong - Remy" up top as his first choice?

Probably, but we all know it should be Hatem - De Jong - Remy.

Shame Hatem never could grow into that ACM role for us. Him in front of Tiote and Sissoko would be class (on paper)

At times when he was drifting around and playing those through balls early on against Norwich he looked every inch a number 10/attacking midfielder.

Don't know if it was frustration or lack of space but by the end of that half and in the 2nd he sort of switched back to his just dribble, take on everyone mode.

With De Jong in and Remy back i assume AP will play "Gouffran - De Jong - Remy" up top as his first choice?

Shame Hatem never could grow into that ACM role for us. Him in front of Tiote and Sissoko would be class (on paper)

I don't think he has it in him in the PL, myself. He needs space to run in to, he'll end up just running in to trouble more central imo. He'd be hounded out from minute 1. Right hand side, cutting in. That's where he needs to play for us every game.

Dutch players usually do plenty of off-ball running in order to create space for themselves - if we get plenty of interchanging of positions with him and Remy when the latter returns, we could get goals from it.

Liked the look of this lad when I saw a youtube video clip 2 years ago - he seems to have the ability and a reasonable degree of pace so its a mystery why he didn't make it at BMG. Tomasson failed to make it here, yet went on to become a star at Milan, so lets hope the same thing happens here with de Jong.

The only major downside is that should he do the business between now and May, BMG will want at least 10m for him and that might be a stumbling block to this club...it won't be to others.....

Dutch players usually do plenty of off-ball running in order to create space for themselves - if we get plenty of interchanging of positions with him and Remy when the latter returns, we could get goals from it.

Liked the look of this lad when I saw a youtube video clip 2 years ago - he seems to have the ability and a reasonable degree of pace so its a mystery why he didn't make it at BMG. Tomasson failed to make it here, yet went on to become a star at Milan, so lets hope the same thing happens here with de Jong.

The only major downside is that should he do the business between now and May, BMG will want at least 10m for him and that might be a stumbling block to this club...it won't be to others.....

We have an option to buy, so BMG can ask for what they like but if the option is in the contract we pay that and its entirely up to the player at that point.

I don't think he has it in him in the PL, myself. He needs space to run in to, he'll end up just running in to trouble more central imo. He'd be hounded out from minute 1. Right hand side, cutting in. That's where he needs to play for us every game.

This is exactly it.

This is exactly it.

i agree.

This is exactly it.

i agree.

I also agree.  Plus playing Hatem in a midfield 3 behind 3 strikers, would be like playing FIFA 98 back in the day and going 4-2-4.

I hope to buggery Hatem doesn't start. He was clearly fucked after 65 mins and in the big games he doesn't understand the concept of being in a team.

Forget the fact he's a match winner and by a country mile our most creative player. Yeah, I hope he doesn't start either...

I hope to buggery Hatem doesn't start. He was clearly fucked after 65 mins and in the big games he doesn't understand the concept of being in a team.

Forget the fact he's a match winner and by a country mile our most creative player. Yeah, I hope he doesn't start either...

MATCH WINNER!!?!?!?! HE COULDN@T HIT THE NET FROM A BANJOS LENGTH ON TUESDAY!

/That said. Be lovely to see him start two in a row. Tore Norwich a new one for most of the game.