Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest WashyGeordie

Can't believe he's been here 3 days, probably had 1 training session, and had his first 45mins in over 6 months (and in a Derby!), and yet he's wrote off already!

Give him atleast a month to settle and get fit ffs!

Good player or not, from what I saw yesterday he is a target man, and with Cabaye gone, we will now revert to Pardews favored long ball game which is just awful to watch. 

Under Pardew yes, target man doesn't mean hoofball per se.

If he does a "Early days yet but he looks a bit shit" Ba then I will be more than happy.

The irony is the things he has been criticised for come from him getting into cracking positions where a (to be completely expected) poor touch has let him down. I came away from the game impressed given the circumstances then I come on here seeing some writing him off :anguish:

Really hate the "Well it was his first game but.." stuff, its like the "not being racist but.."(going to say something massively racist).

Some could just give players a few games to settle in? Most would probably suck the shit from Debuchy's arse right now but at the start of the season he was worse than Simpson, according to some.

Ridiculous to think of writing off de Jong at this point - he came into a side which has just lost its best m/f player, was totally disorganised and losing by 2 goals to its Derby rivals and this after having just a few days to get to know his team-mates and how they play...I have to say that his first viewing probably sent his heart into his boots.

Nevertheless, he tried to find space and made forward runs as soon as we had possession...he does look as if he has something but it will take several games to see what he is made of...look how the French players struggled to get up to PL pace after joining last January - we nearly got relegated. It even took de Jong's countryman, Dennis Bergkamp, a while to settle in at Arsenal and he was a much more highly-rated player than de Jong.

Some players on our books are still 'finding their feet' after a couple of seasons...no names, no pack drill..!

Could be the antidote to Cisse's horrendous form. Whether or not he can play in a two man frontline i don't know but he looks to have a bit of movement about him that could create more space for a pure finisher like Cisse.

Why do i keep hearing this nonsense? Are you suggesting dropping Remy?

Was listening to the Football Weekly podcast the other day and the German Bundesliga pundit there reckons he`s a decent player that just unfortunately didn`t fit in with their coach`s system (apparently prefer number 10`s / attacking midfielders up front) rather than an out and out penalty box player like De Jong (as he described him).

Was listening to the Football Weekly podcast the other day and the German Bundesliga pundit there reckons he`s a decent player that just unfortunately didn`t fit in with their coach`s system (apparently prefer number 10`s / attacking midfielders up front) rather than an out and out penalty box player like De Jong (as he described him).

I thought de Jong looked more like a deep lying player yesterday

I thought de Jong looked more like a deep lying player yesterday

We all know how shit pardew is using players in their right/best position so that wouldn't shock me one bit.

Could be the antidote to Cisse's horrendous form. Whether or not he can play in a two man frontline i don't know but he looks to have a bit of movement about him that could create more space for a pure finisher like Cisse.

Surely any suggestion of dropping him isn't a terrible idea.

3 goals in 12 matches, 1 red card. Two of those goals against 9 men Stoke.

It's not about dropping Remy. He's our top scorer. But what's wrong with having different options or approaches to certain games? It's also more likely that Remy will not make his move permanent, so why not try and see if the other two can work together?

Or could be the loan signing which allows us to cash in on Cisse if the rumours of selling to Rubin Kazane are true.

Surely any suggestion of dropping him isn't a terrible idea.

3 goals in 12 matches, 1 red card. Two of those goals against 9 men Stoke.

:idiot2:

I was impressed with his showing for ball and running about the channels to get the ball. He'll get up to speed with a week or so of training and show his promise.

An issue with many of our supporters is constant slagging off of new players b/c they didn't light it up on their debut. Had this lad been signed at the beginning of the window when all of us were in better spirits and we didn't sell Cabaye some of the quick 1-2s or lay offs would have been applauded and people would have been very excited.

Fucking shame that the club signs a player the week they sell Cabaye, get no replacement, go down 2-0 to Sunderland and bring him on and expect him to save us. Leave it to our joke of a hierarchy to never set our players up for success.

I was impressed with his showing for ball and running about the channels to get the ball. He'll get up to speed with a week or so of training and show his promise.

An issue with many of our supporters is constant slagging off of new players b/c they didn't light it up on their debut. Had this lad been signed at the beginning of the window when all of us were in better spirits and we didn't sell Cabaye some of the quick 1-2s or lay offs would have been applauded and people would have been very excited.

Fucking shame that the club signs a player the week they sell Cabaye, get no replacement, go down 2-0 to Sunderland and bring him on and expect him to save us. Leave it to our joke of a hierarchy to never set our players up for success.

:thup:

You need an avatar btw, maybe your sexy face so we can get over Cabaye leaving :)

f***ing shame that the club signs a player the week they sell Cabaye, get no replacement, go down 2-0 to Sunderland and bring him on and expect him to save us. Leave it to our joke of a hierarchy to never set our players up for success.

:thup:

You need an avatar btw, maybe your sexy face so we can get over Cabaye leaving :)

:thup: Cheers man, Im starting to get really pissed off after yesterday.

Brown/Indian/American Cabaye, like.

Looked a decent player. Unworthy circumstances to play in. Goes for the majority of our offensive players under Pardew.

If he has any say in our supposed "rebuilding" this summer, we'll be set back for years and Carr would be right to go. His impact on our offensive players, it's like he reduces them to meaningless players that just make up the numbers. If he could, he'd play box-to-box strikers.