Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

I think that was the case, he wasn't sharp at all but got into the positions to get chances.

Nobody should judge him yet, unfortunately he's going to need time to gain match fitness, not that we have time to allow that to happen.

I think that was the case, he wasn't sharp at all but got into the positions to get chances.

Nobody should judge him yet, unfortunately he's going to need time to gain match fitness, not that we have time to allow that to happen.

Shouldn't really need saying tbh. Let's see how he looks once Pardew does another one of his flip flops and sets us up as a passing side over the next few games.

Took one look at him and just had a feeling of dread as the realisation dawned: he's Jon Dahl Tomasson MKII. Or worse, maybe even Andreas Anderson.

Alright.

He is Lovenkrands without the goals...  Nah he will be fine once he settles and gets match fit. Just shy of confidence, obviously, and we absolutely have the staff here to fix that. Just give him the mop and tell him to report to Papiss

Not sure what people were expecting from a player lacking match fitness and one who hasn't found the net all season. I don't rate him as a player very much but it's crazy to pass judgement on him for today's performance, need to get behind the lad and hopefully he'll chip in with a few goals.

Looks clever in terms of positioning but my god he's slow :lol: was getting into good positions and I think if he had been playing this season would have buried a few chances, just didn't look sharp.

His slowness is what struck me watching, not necessarily his pace but his thought process , things happen a lot faster in our league, can understand why he struggled in Germany too, you just don't get that kind of time in the box in the top leagues.

Looks clever in terms of positioning but my god he's slow :lol: was getting into good positions and I think if he had been playing this season would have buried a few chances, just didn't look sharp.

His slowness is what struck me watching, not necessarily his pace but his thought process , things happen a lot faster in our league, can understand why he struggled in Germany too, you just don't get that kind of time in the box in the top leagues.

Was like that for Anita when we first watched him. Being a loan though he might not have enough time to adapt to earn a contract.

We looked better in the second half than the first (although that's all relative in terms of shitness) but I thought Luuk made us less shit than we had been in the he first half.

A run of games for fitness and to get him back in the flow of things and I think he will be good for us.

We are judging him already? for one he's hardly played in a year and secondly it was his first 45 mins in a brand new league.

Some never learn.... he's the least of our issues which as per usual sides with one man, one very unambitious fat man.

You'll have to be more specific.  Unambitious fat men are ten a penny round here.

Guest Howaythetoon

Got himself into the box more in 45 minutes than anyone in our side all game and got himself into other good positions outside of the box too. Heavy first touch and looks one paced, but he is different to what we have in our ranks.

He looked mobile, has a decent touch but looked too anxious and snapped at the couple half chances he had.

He is a 10000% upgrade on Shola and to me it should have been Shola who made way for him and NOT Sammy who at least made a few good runs and beat a few players in the first half and looked up for it.