Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest bimpy474

Just about every video I have seen of him on youtube (yeah I know) he seems to dominate in the air.

Definitely about time we had that sort of striker,perhaps now we can be more of a threat from set penises.

Our delivery is more of a problem at the moment. All we do is just plop it in the middle with no pace or variation whatsoever.

He is, as I expected, technically decent ; he is lacking in confidence but didn't hide at all despite his thankless task of being stranded on his own for long periods and he came back to help out the defence and m/f. Will undoubtedly benefit by having Remy to take some of the pressure off and I reckon that if he had a bit of coaching from the likes of Shearer at PL CF play, he would be an excellent acquisition.

The problem is that the last bit is extremely unlikely to happen and also, de Jong might join Remy in thinking that he would do better elsewhere at the end of the season, which would be no surprise.

Just about every video I have seen of him on youtube (yeah I know) he seems to dominate in the air.

Definitely about time we had that sort of striker,perhaps now we can be more of a threat from set penises.

Our delivery is more of a problem at the moment. All we do is just plop it in the middle with no pace or variation whatsoever.

:thup:

If we have proper delivery from the middle and out wide, a de Jong-Cisse partnership might even work. As it stands, the only delivery we get is from Papa Johns.

This has consistently been the case for nearly a decade now so I don't expect it to change any time soon

That's just from set pieces. In open play it's even worse. Full backs don't overlap, midfielders don't get beyond the centre forward. The only movement we do well as a team is backwards. Everyone tracks back quite diligently.

Guest bimpy474

That's just from set pieces. In open play it's even worse. Full backs don't overlap, midfielders don't get beyond the centre forward. The only movement we do well as a team is backwards. Everyone tracks back quite diligently.

Yep and it never will be different under Pardew, attacking teams are coached to attack, to pass and move to be creative. If anyone thinks that'll change if he was given more players, they must be mental.

3 years and no real change to how we attack, be in hoofball or the better passing stuff, our attacking play is still, stale, laboured and hopeful.

This lad De Jong might turn out to be mint but if he thinks he's going to get lots of chances created for him, well he's in for a surprise.

Looked a decent player. Unworthy circumstances to play in. Goes for the majority of our offensive players under Pardew.

Guess that has been my point about cisse for a long time...before the wonga incident at least. Last season he tried hard but had no service what so ever. Slowly lost his confidence and people started to focus only on what he was not good at.

Luuk de Jong claims to have a 'good feeling' about Newcastle United and hopes to take in an extended stay at St James' Park.

The Dutch forward has linked up with the Magpies on a loan agreement that is due to run until the end of the season.

There will then be the option for that deal to be made permanent, with Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach willing to do business.

De Jong hopes he can convince Alan Pardew that he is worth keeping on, despite enduring a testing start to his time in England - with Newcastle having suffered back-to-back 3-0 defeats against arch-rivals Sunderland and title-chasing Chelsea.

He said following Saturday's setback at Stamford Bridge: "I would like to be important for this team, in terms of goals and assists, and work hard.

"I'm on loan with an option to stay and I would like to go on with this option if it is possible. It's a really big and nice club. I am happy that I have come here, even if it's been a tough start.

"After the Sunderland defeat, it wasn't a nice place, the disappointment was strong. That was a game we couldn't lose and we did, of course.

"But I have a really good feeling about the place. I think we can go on now and do better."

Twatted 3-0 in successive matches (one a derby at home) and presumably he's had to endure Pardew talking-.... and he feels optimistic about the future?

I bet he does, bet he feels great about the prospect of getting a Premiership wage on a permanent basis. :lol: