Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Not that it means anything, but I actually think the summer and this January is the worst thing that Ashley's ever done. There's cretinous football decisions, then there's quite basic, obvious, deliberate sabotage even looking at it from a business perspective.

I would throw last January in there as well, 3 horrendous transfer windows in a row when we're trying to build a premier league team. I said it when the takeover fell through, Mike Ashley isn't a rational actor, he's willing to run his own investment into the ground for no good reason.

This is revenge on Benitez for being called out as the lying cunt he is, and on the fans for all the nasty words over the years.

Despite his injury record, this is way more of a sure thing then a permanent transfer for someone out of the Dutch or Brazilian leagues.

Even if he played in half of our remaining games that might be enough to help keep us up.

The loan fee and wages aren’t even that much, so this is all very sensible. Which is why I expect him to be pictured next to Pardew in 48 hours.

:neutral:

Seems like a bit of an odd transfer for wba. Rodriguez has just started to look like his old self again and they’ve got Rondon. Both being better than what we currently have up front. So are we really going to lose out to wba and see him played out of position? ?

Benitez has probably been trying to get Sturridge for weeks if not months. We should have had this wrapped up.

Ah well at least there's time to.. oh f***.

Guessing WBA would have just come in at that point anyway but aye, this leaves f*** all manoeuvring time. Clueless.

Before Ashley players wouldn't have turned down Newcastle to play for WBA regardless of family.