The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Any idea why Cleverley was starting ahead of Ramsey? Or was it just further evidence of Pearce's ineptitude?

Had 3 good games for Man United at the start of the season ergo best future English midfielder.

Said it on here before but I've never seen anything from him to justify any of the hype he has had.

Totally agree, if he wasn't English and playing for Man United nobody would have battered an eyelid.

Don't get me wrong he's not shit, he's a tidy midfielder with scope to get better.

I have never seen anything from Cleverley that suggests that he'll become anything more than a decent player.

Ramsey, I like a lot. I thought he was injured or something when I saw he wasn't in the starting XI.

Had very high hopes for him, but every time I saw him last season he really stunk up the place.

Ramsey started alright but really tired it seemed and just went downhill, may not be ready for being a starter but has potential still imo.

As for Cleverley, obviously rated at Man U but hmmmm, we'll see.

Cleverley was outstanding for us when on loan. But that was a while ago and injuries may have impacted him since. Definitely loads of potential there, he hasn't suddenly turned into a player devoid of prospects since.

Most likely, yeah. But don't forget that the team Brazil put out was a side that's played together in a coherent system before. 'Team GB' looked clueless. Much more difficult to stand out as an individual if the collective is seriously non-functional. Not to say that Cleverley etc. are necessarily on a par with their Brazilian counterparts, but that the difference isn't as pronounced as it perhaps appeared, as a result of the lack of familiarity with tactics/teammates and so on. Personally, the midfielder who impressed me most for Team GB was Jack Cork. And I've seen him quite a lot and know he's nothing more than a solid if unspectacular player who'll, one day, play for a top half PL side regularly, as his experience grows. The balance and maturity he brought to the midfield suggested less that he's a brilliant midfielder, but that Stuart Pearce had it all wrong in the first half.

Motherwell 1 - 1 Everton

A bad goal by Shane Duffy cancelled out by a Nicky "the best we've ever saw" Law wonder half-volley in front of a rapturous 4120 at Fir Park.

James McFadden played and Phil Neville was accused of being a paedophile. All in another fun day out in Motherwell.

I have never seen anything from Cleverley that suggests that he'll become anything more than a decent player.

Ramsey, I like a lot. I thought he was injured or something when I saw he wasn't in the starting XI.

I thought Cleverley was great in his brief run at CM for Man Utd, shame he's been hurt so much. I'm far more unsure of Ramsey.

I think Ramsey was hurt by Arsenal's dismal form at the beginning of the season, which I think it wasn't certainly entirely his fault. He drew a lot of criticism and it affected him, in my opinion. I think that once he gains confidence and assuredness he'll go to be a very good player.