The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Some talk going around that the Man City fans were chanting "let him die" during whilst the Villa fans were doing their 19th minute applause for Petrov.

That's disappointing, if true. I hope they didn't.

Wouldn't surprise me like. They're a bunch of horrible cunts.

Hope that's not true. As I've said before I firmly believe Lambert will be a top manager. I think you will have a difficult season but it will be progressive.

Yeah, it just needs to start in the right direction.

Two years ago we played them in the cup up there, and Houllier surrendered before the match, then said after we were never going to beat them.

Had McFuck taken us there in the cup, he'd probably have done the same, and then sent them an apology letter and offered to pay their expenses.

Lambert at least got them believing a bit. It might not have been City's best XI, but apparently their starting XI cost £187m, so it was hardly a bunch of shmucks.

Good to see Gareth Barry doing something for his old club, too, mind.

I don't think 23k is that bad an attendance, to be honest.

They've got plenty other things to play for, its what most would assume was a relatively routine win before the match. It was pissing down with rain, etc etc.

Basically, the League Cup really needs to be strangled off for good.

They've got plenty other things to play for, its what most would assume was a relatively routine win before the match. It was pissing down with rain, etc etc.

Yep, not sure NUFC would get much above 23,000 so I'm not sure what people are on about there.

Yep, not sure NUFC would get much above 23,000 so I'm not sure what people are on about there.

Seems to be a football fashion thing to slag off attendances these days. Decent crowd for me, it's the least important cup and times are hard.

Yeah, one big waste of time. Be a complete anticlimax if we ended the trophy drought in such an insignificant tournament.

Was thinking along the same lines earlier. Granted it's a bit weird to be a trophy snob when Newcastle haven't won one in ages, but it still wouldn't really be winning one in this Mickey Mouse competition where even Wolverhampton fucking Wanderers changes 10 players and fields their juniors. League Cup is a glorfied reserves cup.

Yeah, one big waste of time. Be a complete anticlimax if we ended the trophy drought in such an insignificant tournament.

Was thinking along the same lines earlier. Granted it's a bit weird to be a trophy snob when Newcastle haven't won one in ages, but it still wouldn't really be winning one in this Mickey Mouse competition where even Wolverhampton fucking Wanderers changes 10 players and fields their juniors. League Cup is a glorfied reserves cup.

In fairness, when we reached the final a couple of years ago, it ceases to be insignificant at the point at which you're within touching distance of winning it.

It's the general disdain it is regarded with in the interminable rounds up to that point that devalue it.

Some talk going around that the Man City fans were chanting "let him die" during whilst the Villa fans were doing their 19th minute applause for Petrov.

That's disappointing, if true. I hope they didn't.

Wouldn't surprise me like. They're a bunch of horrible cunts.

Turned out to be bollocks, thankfully. Some nonsense started on Twitter.

In fairness, when we reached the final a couple of years ago, it ceases to be insignificant at the point at which you're within touching distance of winning it.

It's the general disdain it is regarded with in the interminable rounds up to that point that devalue it.

Having the final in January or February or whatever it is doesn't add prestige to it either!

To play Mackem's advocate though, we might not be hearing these comments if we weren't quite likely on the verge of getting dumped out of the competition early on!

If I had to choose, would much rather have a proper crack at the Waffa. We don't play against lower league opposition, whereas we're (historically) not bad in Europe.

Palermo are just awful. In serious danger of going down, in which case we should be getting one or two players from there.

From what I've seen of him, Ilicic looks quality.

Yeah, always liked him. Although, I think he's been under-performing for a while now.

Hernandez and Munioz are interesting players.  :mancini:

Palermo are just awful. In serious danger of going down, in which case we should be getting one or two players from there.

Gotta say John I'm looking at their team here and there's not any players standing out to me. Maybe Milan Milanovic but that's based purely on his name.

Guest bimpy474

Jones, Robinson, Coates, Carragher, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi, Yesil.

Liverpools line up......we think ours is bad.