The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Say what you like about us being lucky, we're never anywhere even near that feckin luck Man Utd possess.

No way that's a dive...but then how often has he got away with it in the past?

He did against us earlier on in the season the tit.

Van Persie did a naughty elbow to the face in the game at SJP too.

Oh, and that's offside.

I can see why it was given, there was contact but also I'm not sure it was enough to go down. Torres' reputation has eventually came back to bite him, it's good to see referees give the 2nd yellow for diving and against the big name offenders. Without the 2nd yellows happening it was never going to take the diving out of the game, referees need to to continue it though.

By that logic shouldn't Young have been booked rather than Ivanovic sent off?

It's impossible to call that offside because there is no way the linesman could have kept in line with play there. Of course, technology told us within 10 seconds.

Kept up with play? Hernandez and defenders infront of him moved about a yard in 5 seconds, of course he could.

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest, Chelsea complaining about bad decisions :lol:

Fuck em.

Exactly, Torres and Chlesea have cheated plenty of teams out of results by diving and other antics, it's about time it came back to haunt them.

I do hope no one criticizing Clattenberg and the linesman was against goal line technology because "it takes the human element out of the game" :lol:  Just saying, a great reminder that the human element, across all types of decisions, isn't always a positive thing. 

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest, Chelsea complaining about bad decisions :lol:

Fuck em.

Exactly, Torres and Chlesea have cheated plenty of teams out of results by diving and other antics, it's about time it came back to haunt them.

yes but not against cheaters in chief manchester united

I can see why it was given, there was contact but also I'm not sure it was enough to go down. Torres' reputation has eventually came back to bite him, it's good to see referees give the 2nd yellow for diving and against the big name offenders. Without the 2nd yellows happening it was never going to take the diving out of the game, referees need to to continue it though.

By that logic shouldn't Young have been booked rather than Ivanovic sent off?

I didn't see that incident so I can't comment on it. My point is though eventually Torres' reputation has came back to haunt him, was it harsh?, yes, but the amount of times he has dived and got other players a yellow or red card and cheated them out of the game it's about time he was on the end of a wrong decision and one of his own making.

Fuck em.

yes but not against cheaters in chief manchester united

I'd rather Man Utd won than Chelsea, Man Utd don't bother me anymore unless it's against us. As I have said though referee's need to keep up with it, they can't just say well a player has already been sent off because of diving and getting a 2nd yellow, they need to maintain it to make it worse. So yes it happened in favour of Man Utd today, but today should only be a starting point and other teams should start seeing the benefit/justice of it in future.

Tbh on the two replays I've watched it didn't look like there was any contact with Torres.

Think he's got both sendings off.

There was definite contact.

Fair enough, I'm watching in oz so have only seen it twice whereas sky have probably showed 20 times with military satellite footage