Newcastle 2 - 1 SC Braga - NUFC win Trofeu Internacional de Futebol do Guadiana

Belfast Mags

Marveaux is class, I hope this is the start of his career here as he's as good as anybody at the club for retaining possession.  I’m not sure how or where he’ll fit in though, possibly in place of Jonas.

Another good workout, couple of nice bits of play and a fantastic goal from Taylor. With some better finishing it would have been miles more comfortable, but I think we'll take heart from our defending at the end which though a little edgy got the job done. Always nice to win something even if it's just a pre-season tournament, can never be bad for morale.

Fair assessment. Typical preseason game but no injuries and as you say a bit of a morale boost, all in all been a good trip. This pre-season has been such a contrast to the farce last year...so far.

http://f.cl.ly/items/2q240J2J3i3E192u0Q3D/1343512055h6iwstndj:iphone

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/glee-proud.gif

Looks like he's on his way down to Killy Lake with a mini yacht.

Text book from Raylor...utter class though.

Marveaux is the sex.

Well impressed with Braga tbh. Thought for a lot of the game they looked better than us. Especially as this is only their second pre-season game. Not sure how full strength they were though.

Really happy with our pre-season and the opposition, think it is setting us up very nicely for Europe. Can't believe they cut the trophy ceremony though, shocking.

Guessing Cisse was s*** based on the reaction of some here. And Harper getting stick too? Must have been a dull game to notice that.

Thought he had a few nice touches, spreading passes and turns. But overall way off the pace, which isn't really a surprise as he is behind most others in terms of fitness.

It looks like we're going to go for a 4-4-2 with Cisse and Ba up front. It didn't look great before and it didn't look any better tonight.

Doesnt help when the fullbacks are Raylor and Simpson and Cabaye doesnt play. for example i think 4-4-2 would work a lot better if we had Marveaux and Ben Arfa on the wings, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle and Debuchy ( if we sign him) and Santon at fullback.

I would still think 4-3-3 is the way to go but 4-4-2 with that personnel could work in certain games IMO.

It looks like we're going to go for a 4-4-2 with Cisse and Ba up front. It didn't look great before and it didn't look any better tonight.

Doesnt help when the fullbacks are Raylor and Simpson and Cabaye doesnt play. for example i think 4-4-2 would work a lot better if we had Marveaux and Ben Arfa on the wings, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle and Debuchy ( if we sign him) and Santon at fullback.

I would still think 4-3-3 is the way to go but 4-4-2 with that personnel could work in certain games IMO.

I'd certainly agree about the full backs. Ben Arfa and Marveaux on the wings might leave us a bit vulnerable defensively though.

But overall, I still can't get away from the feeling that we're trying to find a way of playing Ba and Cisse together, and it's not quite happening.

Guest Spiria

I'd certainly agree about the full backs. Ben Arfa and Marveaux on the wings might leave us a bit vulnerable defensively though.

But overall, I still can't get away from the feeling that we're trying to find a way of playing Ba and Cisse together, and it's not quite happening.

If we play in 4-4-2, Jonas will have a place on the wings.

it seemed to me, that Marveaux did very well in the defensive. I could see him and benny being started at the same time against one of the weaker teams.