Cardiff City 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/08/12

Guest BooBoo

I'm not buying into this lack of match-fitness for Cabaye & HBA mind. They've trained & played regularly from January to the end of June. That was 6-7 weeks ago. If a player picks up an injury for 6-7 weeks in the season, it doesn't take that long to get up to speed does it? It's not like they haven't been doing fitness training, practice matches in training, etc. People making far too big a deal about it imo.

I'm not buying into this lack of match-fitness for Cabaye & HBA mind. They've trained & played regularly from January to the end of June. That was 6-7 weeks ago. If a player picks up an injury for 6-7 weeks in the season, it doesn't take that long to get up to speed does it? It's not like they haven't been doing fitness training, practice matches in training, etc. People making far too big a deal about it imo.

Correct. Not as if they've done nowt all close season, they were playing international football 4 weeks ago...

Guest neesy111

Practice matches are nothing like actual pre season games.  Hence why pre-season is there for to get players up to 100% fitness.

:thup:

:thup:

Practice matches are nothing like actual pre season games.  Hence why pre-season is there for to get players up to 100% fitness.

See my first couple of sentences. If a players played regularly from say, August to February, picks up a 4-6 week injury, they can normally slot back into the first-team pretty quickly. These two have had the benefit of a rest rather than an injury and have been training the past couple of weeks. They'll both be fine, if not even better.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can see an angry Pards after this like.

Good. Some of these lads get told they are fucking amazing far too often. They need a kick up the arse

Guest neesy111

See my first couple of sentences. If a players played regularly from say, August to February, picks up a 4-6 week injury, they can normally slot back into the first-team pretty quickly. These two have had the benefit of a rest rather than an injury and have been training the past couple of weeks. They'll both be fine, if not even better.

We'll see the truth next weekend.  If neither start, then clearly there is issues with their fitness.

Guest Phil K

Can see an angry Pards after this like.

Some seem to think he'll laugh it off. Only pre-season after all !

No need to worry ? Well, we'll see how it rolls with Spuds.

Perhaps giving the French lads an extra 6 weeks of holiday WASN'T such a good idea after all !

This breaking news on sky yet?

Fascetious.  ;) Can recall a similar attitude by some after Norwich, Fulham and Wigan, away.