Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Guest neesy111

Premier League ‏@premierleague

Martin Atkinson has been appointed referee for Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur on 18/08/12. #bpl #nufc #thfc

:anguish:

Must say I'll be slightly fuming if Marveaux doesn't start this now HBA is out. Somehow I can't see it though, which annoys me.

Where would you play Marveaux?

In a midfield trio with Cabaye and Tiote if Anita doesn't make it, in a front trio with Ba and Cissé right/left, or right/left winger in a 4-4-2 which we'll most likely see. Pretty much anywhere from midfield up bar a central striker is my answer.

Have a feeling Ben Arfa will be at least on the bench. Reminds of the Owen situation 4 years ago against Bolton, where KK confirmed a day before the game that he'll put him on the bench. He came on and scored the winner that day....

Have a feeling Ben Arfa will be at least on the bench. Reminds of the Owen situation 4 years ago against Bolton, where KK confirmed a day before the game that he'll put him on the bench. He came on and scored the winner that day....

Keegan says Owen will be on the bench. Owen starts on the bench.

Pardew says HBA will be out. Pardew puts HBA on the bench?

Very similar.

Really hope they don't sign M'Vila before our match. Want their midfield as weak as possible.

Yep, Livermore and Jenas will do me nicely.

I'd be playing Sandro and Huddlestone if I were AVB. Assuming Sandro is back with the squad.

Really hope they don't sign M'Vila before our match. Want their midfield as weak as possible.

I'd be playing Sandro and Huddlestone if I were AVB. Assuming Sandro is back with the squad.

So would i, although i don't think Sandro is back my post was more in hope as that was the midfield 2 they used in thier last pre season game.

Any Spurs fans know how Huddlestone has been doing? i always liked him but unfortunately injuries have pretty much halted any progress.

So would i, although i don't think Sandro is back my post was more in hope as that was the midfield 2 they used in thier last pre season game.

Any Spurs fans know how Huddlestone has been doing? i always liked him but unfortunately injuries have pretty much halted any progress.

Hope we play Sandro. With Parker out he will be essential.

Huddlestone has only played 45 mins in pre-season, but looked OK. Problem is, he's barely played any football for months. I'd be very surprised to see him start on Saturday, but not at all surprised to see him coming off the bench. Hudd divides us almost as much as Jenas, and into almost exactly the same groups of people. He strikes/passes the ball so gracefully, yet turns like a tanker and can be completely bypassed by possession teams.

I'd like to see him next to Sandro on Saturday, because that would mean AVB is confident he's fit. None of it will matter if we don't buy a striker though, as I can't see either Defoe or Kane making that position work.