Adam Campbell released

gbandit

Might be short but he is built like a mini tank. Won't be powering home any headers but not worried he won't be strong enough.

Hernandez scores loads with his head.

Yep, if he's good enough will get headers, maybe not in crowded boxes but plenty of opportunity from crosses on break.

Between now and the end of the season is the perfect time to be giving the lad a few minutes, due to the lack of other options.  Hopefully we'll buy a forward or 2 in the summer though and send him out on loan (unless he makes a big impact in the mean time, in which case you'd obviously keep him).

I really like the look of him from the limited amount I've seen, I'm not sure there's much room for a player of his ilk in modern football a lot of the time now but perhaps he can play anywhere along the front 3 to give himself a better chance of carving out a role for himself.

Fingers crossed anyway, he's a likeable chap (fucking hates mackems).

Might be short but he is built like a mini tank. Won't be powering home any headers but not worried he won't be strong enough.

Hernandez scores loads with his head.

Got a couple of inches on Campbell (tbf I thought Campbell was shorter  :blush:)

Still, I can't see him being much of an threat in the air.

Between now and the end of the season is the perfect time to be giving the lad a few minutes, due to the lack of other options.  Hopefully we'll buy a forward or 2 in the summer though and send him out on loan (unless he makes a big impact in the mean time, in which case you'd obviously keep him).

I really like the look of him from the limited amount I've seen, I'm not sure there's much room for a player of his ilk in modern football a lot of the time now but perhaps he can play anywhere along the front 3 to give himself a better chance of carving out a role for himself.

Fingers crossed anyway, he's a likeable chap (f***ing hates mackems).

Why? he seems the perfect modern footballer from what i have seen for the reserves and his fleeting cameo's now again.

Good technically, decent passing, quick and good movement also can play all across the front 3.

If he is good enough and the early signs are promising then i can see him fitting quite well in anywhere across the front 3.

:smitten:

Set up Marveaux for his assist.

Assitsted the assist :lol:

Ginger Xavi.

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2013/0310/adamcampbellnewcastleuniteddebut20130310_205x285.jpg

Clear resemblance to Scholes.

Weird as fuck the fact that he's too young for Shearer to have been his hero really as a kid when he would have started to watch football properly and understood it (considering Shearer was coming to the end then). Who would he have had? Owen and Martins?  :lol:

Weird as f*** the fact that he's too young for Shearer to have been his hero really as a kid when he would have started to watch football properly and understood it (considering Shearer was coming to the end then). Who would he have had? Owen and Martins?  :lol:

I know what you mean. But if he's been going to the games since he was 4, i'm sure he would have known who Shearer was. I get what you mean though.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/2f/1c/0,,10278~11738159,00.jpg :lol:

Pardew told nufcTV: "We've got such high hopes for him.

"He's a terrific representative for this football club. Forget how good he's going to be - he's a lovely little kid, a lovely person from a lovely family and it was great for him.

"Can you imagine coming on for eight minutes, he plays the simplest pass he's ever played probaby in his career to (Sylvain) Marveaux and Marveaux creates the goal. So the greatest pass he'll ever play, he's just played it.

"But he'll do something better than that. He'll get a goal for us and smash one in the top corner one day and then hoepfully we'll have a real quality player on our hands."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/37/1c/0,,10278~11738167,00.jpg

Assistant Manager John Carver also spoke to nufcTV and revealed that Campbell had been through a week of ups and downs in the build-up to his big-time bow.

"He loves this football club," Carver said. "He's a proper local lad, he's come through the system which is credit to Joe Joyce and all the staff that worked with him like Willie (Donachie) and Peter (Beardsley).

"He had a little bit of disappointment through the week because we pulled him out of the England squad to travel to Russia with us - which in a sense isn't really that disappointing but he wasn't able to represent his country.

"And he almost got on on Thursday night (at Anzhi Makhachkala) but the manager just changed his mind at the last minute. But to get on in a Premier League game at his age - we know he's not the biggest but he's got a lot of quality and that's why he got his opportunity.

"He deserves his opportunity. He's been scoring goals in the under-21 team and I was so pleased for him."

And stand-in skipper Cabaye - who knows all about playing for his hometown club after starting out with Lille, near his birthplace of Tourcoign, added: "He's a young lad and he has a very good mentality.

"He wants to play for his club because he's from Newcastle and he has a big motivation. I love his pace and he can score a lot of goals, I think. I was very happy to see him on the pitch.

"I told him after the game and I hope it will give him a good mentality to keep working hard to stay in the team and to have a big career, because I think he has the potential to play really well for the team and to score many goals."

The way he decided to hold play up and force a corner was awesome. I hope he becomes a real player for us man. I remember how exciting it was to see Chopra and Andy Carroll in their early days. Hope this guy becomes a top player in our shirt.