Alan Pardew

Dave

I've got my issues with Pardew but in general I think he's done a great job and I'm all for a bit of stability. Particularly like the backroom staff as well, it's good for Krul to know he can work with Woodman for pretty much his whole career if he likes him etc etc

I like club stability as much as the next guy, but unless he improves (and I don't think he's shown enough growth in the time he's been here so far) that's not the best news I've heard today.

How do you improve from being Manager of the year?

I'm being whooshed aren't I??

Get a team to play attractive football for more than one half every six games.  :dance:

I like club stability as much as the next guy, but unless he improves (and I don't think he's shown enough growth in the time he's been here so far) that's not the best news I've heard today.

This.

:thup:

Finish 5th and sack him, get innnnn.

George Burley got Ipswich to 5th...

It's not uncommon.

Lets just see people's opinions come May.

Pardew's a good manager, players seem to like working under him, gets on with Ashley and Llambias, don't really see the problem here.  God knows this club needs some stability.  Rather it be too long than not long enough (/that's what she said).  Happy with it.

This.

It's not uncommon.

He's proven himself a good manager, if he's backed with reasonable funds he'll do well.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I like Pardew but I'm still not convinced coaching passing football comes naturally to him. Other than that though he's a top bloke. I used to think he was a proper cunt before he came here tbh.

I like it, can only instil confidence. What NUFC has needed more than anything else over the last decade is stability. Here it is, now let's build on last year, try to do well in the Europa and FA cup and do our best to go top 6 in the league

Guest Stephen927

Very good deal for him, time will tell if it's a good deal all round though. Certainly provides stability. Will be looking for Pardew to improve and grow as a manager during these 8 years.

Interesting strategy.

Is this the longest contract a PL manager has ever had?

There will doubtless be clauses, but if you ever want to get rid of him, that's going to cost a lot of $$$$

It's the longest that can be offered. As for being sacked, I'm certain there will be a set compensation fee regardless of when he goes. Ashley holds all the cards with Pardew so it'll not be too big.

Pardew's a good manager, players seem to like working under him, gets on with Ashley and Llambias, don't really see the problem here.  God knows this club needs some stability.  Rather it be too long than not long enough (/that's what she said).  Happy with it.

Agree. It's not like this would prevent him being sacked if things were going disastrously wrong - the only time it would be justified after last year.

Pardew certainly isn't the finished article and there are more than enough criticisms to keep the discussion going but he's the best manager we've had in a long time and to be frank I wouldn't be confident of the club finding anyone clearly better.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I like Pardew but I'm still not convinced coaching passing football comes naturally to him. Other than that though he's a top bloke. I used to think he was a proper cunt before he came here tbh.

I'm hoping that the passing football will come in time, he's got 8 years to figure it out now. I think he's pretty committed to self improvement and some day he'll feel confident enough in the defensive stability of the team to start opening up our passing game a bit.

Basically how i feel :thup:

This.

Where did anyone mention sacking him? ???

This.

It's not uncommon.

He's proven himself a good manager, if he's backed with reasonable funds he'll do well.

:yao: