Alan Pardew

Dave

We weren't out-numbered in midfield, we didn't hoof it and we won. 15 games to work that one out, better late than never.

4-4-2 at Fulham it is then :lol:

Don't :lol: I can't bear to sit through a repeat of Southampton away, especially as I'm going to it :lol:

I was going to go too but its my Young un's 7th birthday, Mrs Bimps told me in uncertain terms i wasn't going. Bitch.

:lol: glad to see you survived last night btw :lol:

Faked me splurge to get away from her early doors :lol:

:lol: :lol: hero.

His comments about the Europa League were funny mind where he cringed when reminded about the "Europa League is killing us" quote and he just smirked saying something like, "crikey, I must have been at a low point when I said that". He's clearly been feeling the pressure, hopefully this is the turning point.

We did alright tonight, but one thing that I've noticed with Pardew is that we're always happy with a 2/3 goal lead. Noticed it again tonight when we were 3-0 up, had the chance to counter from a corner, but nobody was pushing forward and the ball went back to Wigan.

The 1-3 at West Brom last season the same kind of thing happened, we played some amazing stuff first half, but we just seemed to be content with having a decent lead with chances coming here and there. My memory isn't the best but I think the last time we scored 4 goals in a game was Wolves at home in 2010-11? Don't get me wrong i'm over the moon with the win,but we could of raped Wigan tonight and we just went a bit flat after we were comfortable. Does my head in that we've not gave anybody a thrashing for ages.

If you're reading this Alan, 4-2-3-1 and passing football with this set of players was completely your call. You pioneered it when all of us were doubting you, and you can proudly continue to play that way for the rest of the season, safe in that knowledge.

If you're reading this Alan, 4-2-3-1 and passing football with this set of players was completely your call. You pioneered it when all of us were doubting you, and you can proudly continue to play that way for the rest of the season, safe in that knowledge.

Reverse psychology, I like it.  :lol:

Woah it's almost as though he's getting credit for stuff done right tonight. I was assured that doesn't happen.

I wasn't expecting it when I logged on.

Anyway, pleased we went for a better setup and style, and massively relieved to get the win. You could argue we should have gone for it more, but we were absolutely desperate for a win and I don't blame Pards for making sure we got it.

We weren't out-numbered in midfield, we didn't hoof it and we won. 15 games to work that one out, better late than never.

4-4-2 at Fulham it is then :lol:

Don't :lol: I can't bear to sit through a repeat of Southampton away, especially as I'm going to it :lol:

I was going to go too but its my Young un's 7th birthday, Mrs Bimps told me in uncertain terms i wasn't going. Bitch.

:lol: glad to see you survived last night btw :lol:

I'll bet Bimpys Mrs is absolutely lush :D

A better game to watch with more constructive football instead of the hoofing from the back as has been the case - why has he had to be put under so much pressure by fans/results before any action to correct the route 1 stuff was taken ?

I n

Easier on the eye, and far more effective than the hit and hope stuff being dished out in previous games....why has he had to come under so much presssure from fans and results before taking action to utilise the players' skills better ?

I never thought tonight's result would decide Pardew's fate unless we took a real tonking because the board are in a corner ... for now. Even so, we have a tough programme between now and mid-Jan, so I reckon the jury is still out on his fate. Get bombed out of the Cup again by Brighton and hovering near bottom 3 by mid-Jan and I reckon the pressure will be back on big-time.

In the meantime, we can be grateful for small mercies and enjoy a few days breathing space...

Easier on the eye, and far more effective than the hit and hope stuff being dished out in previous games....why has he had to come under so much presssure from fans and results before taking action to utilise the players' skills better ?

I never thought tonight's result would decide Pardew's fate unless we took a real tonking because the board are in a corner ... for now. Even so, we have a tough programme between now and mid-Jan, so I reckon the jury is still out on his fate. Get bombed out of the Cup again by Brighton and hovering near bottom 3 by mid-Jan and I reckon the pressure will be back on big-time.

In the meantime, we can be grateful for small mercies and enjoy a few days breathing space...

I came away from the match happy for the first time in the league this season.  I'm a bit pissed off that it's taken 15 games to put on a performance but we can't go back in time and change anything so might as well enjoy it.