Alan Pardew

Dave

I really wish I'd seen it. Our 3-0 against stoke was a fantastic performance, we were brilliant and controlled the game...but it was against Stoke. I think arguably while we didn't control them like against Stoke which i still remember as a highlight, it was the 2-0s over chelsea, liverpool and swansea when we soaked up all the pressure they could pile on us with ease and just clinically got 2 goals (chelsea of course both goals were something special).

West Brom away was special too, just out of Ben Arfa ran that game and demolished them on his own.  :love:

Guest bimpy474

First time we've come back from a losing position to win a game under him.

Not quite, came from behind to beat Blackburn in the FA Cup last season, i think thats it.

'I remember seeing him at Toulouse about 14-16 months ago and there are only two players that I have seen that I was desperate to get here. One was [Yohan] Cabaye and one was Sissoko, and we have managed to do that.'

Interesting insight into his choice of player.

Guest bimpy474

'I remember seeing him at Toulouse about 14-16 months ago and there are only two players that I have seen that I was desperate to get here. One was [Yohan] Cabaye and one was Sissoko, and we have managed to do that.'

Recommended to him by Carr though, i think he says that in one of his interviews recently.

"his" choice ? i thought he had no choice ?

Recommended to him by Carr though, i think he says that in one of his interviews recently.

I don't doubt that.

Guest bimpy474

I don't doubt that.

You would have to be a lunatic to have seen Cabaye and Sissoko and not want them though.

Amazing thing i have to tell myself every time i watch us now, they play for us, us hahahaha us :lol:

Im sure thats true for all transfers. Thats the point of having scouts

We won away from home then won after going behind.

Should be the confidence boost he (shouldn't) needs.

Will help the players who have been here a while too, it must have been weighing heavy on them not having won in these scenarios for so long. That burden has now been lifted, they know they can do it.

Pardew seems to be a manager that can set up a good plan A but has no ability whats so ever to chance a game in his favor. If he had/have any self-awareness he should get a match coach in as fast as possible.

He got the subs correct against Chelsea and I gave him due credit for it in my post about the game - that doesn't mean he's suddenly become a top manager and I want to see a lot more decent decisions by him before he convinces me that he should stay....that also applies to responses to other managers' team re-jigging.

This squad is now comprised of some top players who would grace any side in the PL, esp our m/f..if he can't steer us clear of the relegation scrap within a few weeks he doesn't have what it takes.

We shall see....

Pardew deserves some credit for picking a winning side against a strong team, although obviously it was a weakened Chelsea. Not many would have Perch or Jonas in their starting 11 but they both did well in closing Chelsea's more dangerous players down. Best of all though we had a forward playing in his natural position and we didn't bugger up the shape of the side with zany substitutions. We are knocking it around quite nicely as well these days. That's all we want really.

He got the subs correct against Chelsea and I gave him due credit for it in my post about the game - that doesn't mean he's suddenly become a top manager and I want to see a lot more decent decisions by him before he convinces me that he should stay....that also applies to responses to other managers' team re-jigging.

This squad is now comprised of some top players who would grace any side in the PL, esp our m/f..if he can't steer us clear of the relegation scrap within a few weeks he doesn't have what it takes.

We shall see....

He should have the options now. It's on him but tbf this season he has often not had much choice, starting 11 or subs.

Yesterday he got it spot on, hopefully he realises we have the players capable of turning things around/forcing the issue.

Pardew deserves some credit for picking a winning side against a strong team, although obviously it was a weakened Chelsea. Not many would have Perch or Jonas in their starting 11 but they both did well in closing Chelsea's more dangerous players down. Best of all though we had a forward playing in his natural position and we didn't bugger up the shape of the side with zany substitutions. We are knocking it around quite nicely as well these days. That's all we want really.

May it long continue. Agree though that we have played lovely in the first half in the three latest games.