Alan Pardew

Dave

Pards' does indeed say "sit down you big c***" :lol:

Anywhere I can see this online? :lol:

Yeah I need to see this. :lol:

It was one of the best things about yesterday. For that, Pardew received a few brownie points from me.

Newcastle United v Chelsea - Premier League

:lol:

It has to be said that to his credit, even when he lost the fans, he never seemed to lose the locker room.  With celebrations like yesterday you can tell that the lads love playing here and seem to enjoy having Pards around as well.

He got the subs correct against Chelsea and I gave him due credit for it in my post about the game - that doesn't mean he's suddenly become a top manager and I want to see a lot more decent decisions by him before he convinces me that he should stay....that also applies to responses to other managers' team re-jigging.

This squad is now comprised of some top players who would grace any side in the PL, esp our m/f..if he can't steer us clear of the relegation scrap within a few weeks he doesn't have what it takes.

We shall see....

He should have the options now. It's on him but tbf this season he has often not had much choice, starting 11 or subs.

Yesterday he got it spot on, hopefully he realises we have the players capable of turning things around/forcing the issue.

Not sure I agree with that, at least not completely. For it was still up to him how the team played and we watched enough games to know there was an underlying fear to the instructions.

We've also seen the team play on the front foot often enough, usually against the stronger teams, only to revert to a right royal fuck up against some lesser light.

The praise (or just plain acknowledgement) he gets for yesterdays game is due, but it doesn't change the method and mentality of 20 previous fixtures. As of now I don't have faith he will allow this to continue in the same vein, perhaps until the next loss when everything will revert to basics. Fear them and hold on.

He really needs to tell these boys to play, because they can. If he turns a corner and maintains this style and freedom I'll be among the first to praise him, but he needs to have a run of quite a few games before I'll forget some of the horror shows that have been served up.

He got the subs correct against Chelsea and I gave him due credit for it in my post about the game - that doesn't mean he's suddenly become a top manager and I want to see a lot more decent decisions by him before he convinces me that he should stay....that also applies to responses to other managers' team re-jigging.

This squad is now comprised of some top players who would grace any side in the PL, esp our m/f..if he can't steer us clear of the relegation scrap within a few weeks he doesn't have what it takes.

We shall see....

He should have the options now. It's on him but tbf this season he has often not had much choice, starting 11 or subs.

Yesterday he got it spot on, hopefully he realises we have the players capable of turning things around/forcing the issue.

Not sure I agree with that, at least not completely. For it was still up to him how the team played and we watched enough games to know there was an underlying fear to the instructions.

We've also seen the team play on the front foot often enough, usually against the stronger teams, only to revert to a right royal fuck up against some lesser light.

The praise (or just plain acknowledgement) he gets for yesterdays game is due, but it doesn't change the method and mentality of 20 previous fixtures. As of now I don't have faith he will allow this to continue in the same vein, perhaps until the next loss when everything will revert to basics. Fear them and hold on.

He really needs to tell these boys to play, because they can. If he turns a corner and maintains this style and freedom I'll be among the first to praise him, but he needs to have a run of quite a few games before I'll forget some of the horror shows that have been served up.

He has had to play Williamson most of the season, Jonas is still getting games (as good as he was yesterday he has been very poor for the majority), Cabaye has missed too many games, Ben Arfa, Krul and Colo have been in and out. The subs bench has often been horrible. Obertan was starting to be accepted as one of the first 11! :lol:

We have played shit football, absolutely shocking football and he needs to be held accountable but I can't see how anyone can argue his options with regards to the team and squad have been very limited this season.

We shall see....

We've also seen the team play on the front foot often enough, usually against the stronger teams, only to revert to a right royal f*** up against some lesser light.

He has had to play Williamson most of the season, Jonas is still getting games (as good as he was yesterday he has been very poor for the majority), Cabaye has missed too many games, Ben Arfa, Krul and Colo have been in and out. The subs bench has often been horrible. Obertan was starting to be accepted as one of the first 11! :lol:

We have played s*** football, absolutely shocking football and he needs to be held accountable but I can't see how anyone can argue his options with regards to the team and squad have been very limited this season.

dont forget simpson

We have played shit football, absolutely shocking football and he needs to be held accountable but I can't see how anyone can argue his options with regards to the team and squad have been very limited this season.

I wasn't debating the available personnel but the style and method of play. I'm sure if you read my post again you will see my point clearer. Oh hang on, got to put the obligatory lol to show you how condescending I am. :lol:

I wasn't debating the available personnel but the style and method of play. I'm sure if you read my post again you will see my point clearer. Oh hang on, got to put the obligatory lol to show you how condescending I am. :lol:

:okay:

Meh, who knows. Maybe in ten years we'll be looking back at this season and laugh at the time we almost sacked Pardew.

One can hope.

I still get the impression that we were nowhere near sacking him tbh :(

You'd be correct with your impression. Club have had no intention of losing their managerial 'puppet' - he goes along with the financial rules and understands what is expected of him. He's also very appreciative to be in such a big job and displays his gratitude in the press every quarter (see "Pards is an arselicker" comments).

Surely no-one genuinely thinks that their opinion on Pards/NUFC is going to affect what happens at the club? We're long past the days of 'Souness Out' or 'Sack the Board' comments having an impact on he short-term decision making at the club.

Pards is going to be here for a while (unless he walks away).

Hmm not to sure now, the last few wins and transfer window have me hoping we are turning the corner. His subs yesterday were reasonable, bringing Marv on when he could have gone for Shola. Willing to give him time now with the new players to see if he really is capable of getting us playing well. The shape and play yesterday were spot on and the players clearly like playing for him.

I was one who really wanted him gone and if we don't start well next season he has to but if we stay up I think we should give him the opportunity to build a squad