Alan Pardew

Dave

but if we stay up I think we should give him the opportunity to build a squad

Hi Mike, Dekka. Enjoy the game yesterday?

(we're not getting relegated :lol:)

I mean the club and fans should give him a chance assuming he has a good finish to the season. We are not safe from the drop yet, hope the players aren't thinking that way

Really seems to have a spring back in his step - good to see.

Love this quote from after the match:

Moussa Sissoko had just made a sensational home debut for Newcastle United and Rafael Benítez faced sustained attack from cyber-space but, briefly, Jean-Paul Ndoumin assumed centre stage.

After an afternoon spent in the home dressing room and dugout serving as the interpreter tasked with imparting Alan Pardew's message to his latest French influx, Ndoumin enthusiastically joined in an impromptu lap of honour at the final whistle.

"When we ran through points I needed to make he was really good," said an amused Newcastle manager. "I think he's better than me; maybe I should retire. Afterwards he asked: 'Do you want me to do the post-match interviews?' and I said: 'No, that's my job.'

"I did actually ask the French boys if he was taking the piss at times because I saw a couple of them laughing at his translations. I don't know if he's expressing a bit more than what I'm saying but it seems to be working. We like him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/03/newcastle-united-chelsea-premier-league?

There's absolutely no chance of Pardew going in the summer because if he was going to be sacked for this season he'd have gone already. Hopefully he can replicate last season because I'd hate for us to have more mediocrity with this squad of players man.

ALAN PARDEW described Newcastle United’s 3-2 win over Chelsea as his “best ever” as manager.

The Magpies boss hailed the victory over the Blues as the greatest of his tenure as a manager.

The win injected new life into Newcastle’s poor season so far and remarkably – in a season in which United were once staring into the abyss – just three points away from a top-10 slot. After seeing Moussa Sissoko’s second-half double floor the European champions, Pardew (pictuerd left) – also in charge of the 4-4 draw with Arsenal two years ago – told the Chronicle: “It was the best game I’ve ever seen as a manager.

“Obviously, in the cup final we had the 3-3 against Liverpool in 2006. It was at that level, trust me. That was a real game of football.

“The Chelsea team were determined to turn round the situation. It was their best team. Ivanovic was back in at right-back, John Terry in the team.

“It took a real, proper performance from us to get a win against them.”

United can add the Chelsea win to their list of top four scalps along with the first-day victory over Tottenham.

And while Pardew endured defeat against runaway Manchester duo City and United, he reflected: “When you play the top teams, it’s very important to unsettle them, and we’ve done that.

“Man United and Arsenal – we unsettled them. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough power and pace in the team, and enough squad players to come on and see it through.

“Today, we did. Even Marveaux’s 10-minute cameo, which was outstanding, gave us a lift. They’re the things we’ve missed this year – having players of that ability come off the bench.”

Marveaux was back after a foot injury but, Jonas Gutierrez – who scored the opener – got the nod ahead of him.

Pardew talked about making tough decisions before the game, adding: “Sylvain was very unlucky not to start, but I was glad I started with the team I did.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/02/04/pardew-chelsea-win-was-best-ever-as-a-manager-72703-32739867/#ixzz2JvObNVFA

"It's rare in football to have the position that I have had, and even with the results I had, the message from upstairs was that I was going to be retained as manager, which was a good feeling for me - perhaps not so much for our fans at times.

"I hope to repay that in the longer term because obviously I was aware of the problems and I am aware of the problems we still have.

"We need to strengthen the under-belly of this football club and we need to do that this summer, probably.

"If we can do that, then we are going to be well-set for next year because we have got some very good players on our books now."

"It's rare in football to have the position that I have had, and even with the results I had, the message from upstairs was that I was going to be retained as manager, which was a good feeling for me - perhaps not so much for our fans at times.

"I hope to repay that in the longer term because obviously I was aware of the problems and I am aware of the problems we still have.

"We need to strengthen the under-belly of this football club and we need to do that this summer, probably.

"If we can do that, then we are going to be well-set for next year because we have got some very good players on our books now."

Yuuup. :lol: :lol:

Quotes all read to me as following: Newcastle will have to have one helluva squad to achieve anything in the next 7.5 years O0

No doubt some see it as hoop tickling, but a nice little snippet about him from the Grauniads Steven Taylor interview today.

"On the training pitch he also spends a lot of time working individually with you. He's very demanding, a perfectionist who is always on your tail, and really into his stats, but he's also got that bit of banter with people, which is good. He's the toughest manager I've had but he knows how to deal with his players. He's got everyone's respect."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/08/steven-taylor-french-newcomers-newcastle

No doubt some see it as hoop tickling, but a nice little snippet about him from the Grauniads Steven Taylor interview today.

"On the training pitch he also spends a lot of time working individually with you. He's very demanding, a perfectionist who is always on your tail, and really into his stats, but he's also got that bit of banter with people, which is good. He's the toughest manager I've had but he knows how to deal with his players. He's got everyone's respect."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/08/steven-taylor-french-newcomers-newcastle

Ben Arfa practically said the same (in French obviously) in that BeIn Sport video that was posted in his thread. Good stuff :thup:

Yuuup. :lol: :lol:

Quotes all read to me as following: Newcastle will have to have one helluva squad to achieve anything in the next 7.5 years O0

I hope the fucker wasn't implying that we have been on his back this season?