Alan Pardew

Dave

Perhaps some players have been slightly overhyped, but I don't for a second believe that they're shit. They're all really talented footballers who are being woefully misused. On paper we're easily a top 6 side. The weak link is painfully obvious.

He's been shown up this season as a defensive minded manager uncapable of implementing an effective gameplan, but let's not pretend he's not been let down by some of his supposed better players, most of whom have not played anywhere near the standard they should be capable of. Ultimately though, the buck stops with him of course.

:thup: Agreed here. Players need to take some blame too.

Cabaye is nowhere near as good as what some people make him to be.

Harsh, Cabaye hasn't been good of late, but Cabaye is one of our best players man. He runs his socks off and is very precise in his passing game. He's one of the few creative outlets. Unfortunately he's sitting deep and apparently carrying a knock. I'd rest him, he hasn't had a rest since he left Lille with the Euro last year and all.

Yes, and apparently, Alex Ferguson doesn't think he's overrated either...!

Perhaps some players have been slightly overhyped, but I don't for a second believe that they're s***. They're all really talented footballers who are being woefully misused. On paper we're easily a top 6 side. The weak link is painfully obvious.

I don't think we are "easily" a top 6 side but we should be running Liverpool and Everton very close.

As you say the weak link is painfully obvious.

Perhaps some players have been slightly overhyped, but I don't for a second believe that they're s***. They're all really talented footballers who are being woefully misused. On paper we're easily a top 6 side. The weak link is painfully obvious.

I don't think we are "easily" a top 6 side but we should be running Liverpool and Everton very close.

As you say the weak link is painfully obvious.

Perhaps not squad-wise, but I think our first 11 is very very strong.

Also just watched the BBC interview. Just don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore. Shoehorning in references to Thursday whenever he could. :anguish:

I firmly believe that, at full health, our strongest starting-XI is a CL contender.

However, we still lack the depth to compete. City can bring Dzeko, Sinclair, Garcia, Kolarov, and Lescott off the bench, all of whom would start for almost all other PL sides. As much as I love Perch, Raylor, and Bigi, they don't exactly inspire much fear among our opponents.

Those of you who actually defend Pardew at this point are just so f***ing deluded. You must have forgotten what attacking football is, and even more worryingly, where the f***'s your ambitions? Fighting relegation... pffff...

Of course  we can get a better manager than Pardew. Both Avram Grant and Roberto Di Matteo would offer a lot more, and they are available right now! The latter would actually be a realistic target.

not many defend him, it's more some (me included) dont blame him for cabaye being cack the last few weeks, for sissoko being likewise, i doubt he told debuchy to look ordinary.

for all i think pardew should be getting more from our squad theres still a nagging in my back of my mind from stoke and fulham about playing in europe and the effect it has.

which is why I believe he should be allowed to start next season and see how we're doing then if there's no improvement (assuming all goes well transfer wise and theres no sudden grenade taken to the squad ala carroll deadline day) then would be the time to sack him but he imho should be given the chance to prove last season wasn't a fluke

....and then, after 10 games when we are massively under-performing, we sack him and have precisely ZILCH choice of managers because all that are half-decent are now in jobs and you can't approach them until the close-season...not that we are going to be given massive choice anyway under the current regime..?

No - he HAS to go in summer and a new guy given the full pre-season to work with the players - it will take at least that long to get rid of all Pardew's bad coaching.

City are an anomaly. We don't have much less depth than any other club outside of Manchester or London. Even our bench today was strong whilst I'd never heard of half of them.

Krul, Debuchy, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Marv, Cisse, HBA

Elliott, Simpson, MYM, Williamson, Haidara, Anita, Perch, Jonas, Gouffran, Shola, Campbell.

Very few Premier League squads could put together two XIs with such talent and experience, despite the obvious deficiencies. I noticed when we played Fulham, our squad list on the programme was about three times the length of theirs.

I hope you're right man. I have a lot of faith in this squad, think it's maybe 1 or 2 key additions away from being top 6 consistently. In addition to a legitimate manager, of course. And some key subtractions (<cough> Tiote <cough>).

Guest Dontooner

Sack the fraud, he should be glad that he has the opportunity to manage this club.

This freaking idiot should burn for not even trying and leeching us for all the lime light to feed his own ego.

This club and this team deserves better. I hope the penny has dropped for more people today. disgusting day i won't forget.

Would only sack him if we could get some one a lot better than Pardew. I sure that will be a lot harder than people on here think.

Not if he goes in the summer; lots of time. Trouble is he is poisonous right now and the time currently cannot be afforded during the season.

Trouble is he is poisonous right now.

agree with this, he seems to be single-handedly intent on making us suffer a relegation battle to the last day of the season

i would can him, said it 2-3 games back, and put carver in to the end of the season because i don't honestly see how it could get worse than it is at the moment

the blokes lost actually, he looks like he needs putting out of his misery

Can still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I got the text saying Souness had been sacked. Think I pretty much skipped everywhere for the rest of the day, I desperately need another of those moments.

Can still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I got the text saying Souness had been sacked. Think I pretty much skipped everywhere for the rest of the day, I desperately need another of those moments.

Its apparent he is no better in terms of arrogance and pig-headed, stubborn self belief. The jobs for the boys chancers we've had at this club ffs.

seems like one of those to me, that it'll be a weight lifting the moment the news comes in...stage of the season suggests it's not going to happen though :anguish:

Jordan ‏@JordanLeeJones_ 11h

If anybody is retarded enough to think pardew should be sacked, tell me, I'll come break your legs.

Tom Kelk ‏@tomkelk 11h

Stop calling for Pardew to be sacked. It won't help, and is not the way forward. It's been a bad season but lots of mitigating factors #NUFC

Jack Matthewson ‏@JackMatthewson 11h

Pardew getting sacked isn't the answer more money should of been spent in the summer knowing we had europa league!!

Paul Brotherton ‏@PaulBrotherton_ 11h

Last tweet about this. Anyone saying Pardew should be sacked are wrong. Why would you sack a man that's taken us to Europe? #badseason

Babson ‏@bethabson 11h

Pardew has had a few shockers but no way does he deserved to be sacked. Stop being so stupid. #nufc

These must be 'back page' supporters, they surely don't watch us play.

f***ing gutless cockney c***.  He's a coward and the worst manger we've had since Souness.

I've been touting the Pards/Souness resemblance for a while. I feel the same as I did back then. Just dreading games/bull shit excuses and good players playing horribly

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2265519/Alan-Pardew-wants-sign-new-players-transfer-window.html

'It’s been a tough scenario, but it’s not something that fazes me.

'You don’t want the stadium booing your substitutions but that’s what I have to accept and I will.

'I’ll be fine when I go back to work - probably in an hour.

'I have good staff and good players, but they need a boost. We’ve lost to a team who are below us and that has put us under pressure and put me under pressure.

'I will do what I have to do and do it well: I have to be strong and make sure my players are strong.

'If we had seven games left, I would be worried, but we’ve got a lot of games and we’re getting our heads around it.

'We spoke about how the stadium can turn on one moment, which it did really.

'We have to be able to cope with that. I think our stadium is a little bit more intimidating than others and you have to accept you’re going to get setbacks in games, even when you’re winning.

'It will be important to get as good a points total as possible before then, but I think we’ll be more hardened to the situation.'

:undecided:

We've lost to everyone else as well Alan, you useless twat. Still blaming the stadium as well I see. It wasn't his mentality or substitutions that changed the game, it was the fans.

Honestly man, this cunt is Souness in drag.

He's been shown up this season as a defensive minded manager uncapable of implementing an effective gameplan, but let's not pretend he's not been let down by some of his supposed better players, most of whom have not played anywhere near the standard they should be capable of. Ultimately though, the buck stops with him of course.

:thup: Agreed here. Players need to take some blame too.

Cabaye is nowhere near as good as what some people make him to be.

Except he is. Cabaye is very good.

Even the best central midfielders in the world would look dejected playing for this team at the moment.

This team isn't as good as many say.

With respect, you're just confused by the effect the manager is having on them. That's without going into how good 'many' people say they are.