Alan Pardew

Dave

Also this goals argument is stupid..... of course we have very few goalscorers when we sit so deep not to mention when we do actually attack there is hardly anyone in the box.

You need to type that more slowly, neesy can't read very fast.

You calling me spastic?

:lol:

The fact is too many just want to blame Pardew for everything.  I don't like the bloke and want him out but the players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility for the shambles that happened yesterday and the season.

It's all the fault of these pesky foreigners isn't it? :shifty:

The fact is too many just want to blame Pardew for everything.  I don't like the bloke and want him out but the players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility for the shambles that happened yesterday and the season.

No one is denying that though, simply that we wouldn't be in this position under a better manager and would almost certainly be contending for European places.

As i said before i have a hard time believing West Brom and Swansea have better players than us they just have vastly superior coaches.

I also have a hard time believing that Liverpool and Everton are so far ahead we have no chance of closing the gap under a better manager.

Yes the players take a huge chunk of responsibility but the main reason they play like they do is down to Pardew.

Guest neesy111

It's all the fault of these pesky foreigners isn't it? :shifty:

Posters or Players.......  :razz:

Guest neesy111

I wonder if his 8 year contract includes a clause that we can sack the useless cnut for no compo  if when we get relegated ?

Ashley isn't stupid enough not to.

Blame the players yes but what's the point, they are there to play the way the manager wants them to play.

Which is turgid shit.  So lets say you want them to ignore the manager and play freely how they really want to play, then what's the point of having a fucking manager.

Blame the players yes but what's the point, they are there to play the way the manager wants them to play.

Which is turgid shit.  So lets say you want them to ignore the manager and play freely how they really want to play, then what's the point of having a fucking manager.

:lol:

I don't dislike the bloke and I know a lot do.

He's just out of his depth.

I think this is general consensus here. He's a likeable guy, he's just not a good enough manager for us if we want to challenge for Europe every season for at least top half.

Yep. Though I am starting to dislike him on a personal level for his refusal to hold his hands up.

Think I would agree with that. Seems to completely lack humility, and the lack of willingness to take responsibility unfortunately seems to be spreading to the team. At the worst possible time.

What amazes me is that despite knowing that our season would be disrupted with Thursday games our pre-season started fairly late and our Euro Champ playing players seemed to arrive when the hell they liked.

It seems to happen to all teams who qualify for Europe just on the odd occasion, to me it seems obvious that you need to get people in early to establish a method of play for at least the first third of the season.

Guest neesy111

What amazes me is that despite knowing that our season would be disrupted with Thursday games our pre-season started fairly late and our Euro Champ playing players seemed to arrive when the hell they liked.

It seems to happen to all teams who qualify for Europe just on the odd occasion, to me it seems obvious that you need to get people in early to establish a method of play for at least the first third of the season.

Pre-season sowed the seeds for this shocking league campaign.

My favourite Pardew excuse so far is when he blamed the fans for spreading information about the tactics.

“There is too much information going out of this training ground to the opposition and I am not going to have it any more.” “I don’t think I should be boarding up the training ground around my main pitch, which I have had to do.”

“People are coming and looking through the fence and putting my team on the internet and giving it to the press. Therefore, what I have stopped is the real fans coming to get a view of us.”

“That how I have to be, I am afraid.” “We need to give ourselves the maximum chance of winning our first away game.” “I apologize to the fans if they are not getting the information before the game.”

Not resigned then?

Why would he resign, this is the last big job he'll ever have. As it is there's enough decent players here to get the odd good result and he gets the credit for it.

stupid question:  If we survive the drop by the skin of our teeth, for example we're thumped by Arsenal on the last day when we only needed a point but luckily Stoke or Wigan lose, would that be enough for Ashley to see sense and get rid?

Would like to think that such a scenario would be enough to send alarm bells ringing even to him and he'd take action.

Stop hitting F5, he's here to stay

he's not, like.  We're Newcastle.  We always hound out our managers apparently.  We've done it before and with enough vocal discontent I believe we can do it again.

It's that age-old argument, though.  How do you show support to a team while on the other hand also voicing disapproval towards a manager/chairman/owner?

First off, the squad wasn't strengthened significantly in the summer.  I get the feeling that the club expected more from our reserves like Tav, Vukcic, Sammy, Ferguson.  When these players made little or zero impact it lefts Pardew shorthanded before the January window.  That was a club wide failure, IMO, and set the club back.

What effect that has had on the team and Pardew is hard to gauge but I would expect a good manager to take the January transfers and move the club forward.  Pardew hasn't.  In fact this year's Pardew doesn't look anything like last years Pardew and these areas stand out out:

1) Team spirit.  There is none.  Was last year's success a result of a wonderful team spirit or was the wonderful team spirit a result of last year's success?  I think it is the former.  This year, team spirit was hurt first by the lack of signings and then by Pardew's decision to play much more conservatively.  I also think Pardew failed to find a way to get Demba Ba and Cisse to play together effectively.  Admittedly, here in the states, I don't get to see every game but what I did see always looked disjointed.  And the way they were used together either Ba or Cisse was going to be unhappy and/or unproductive and that hurt morale a bit more.  The result of poor morale or team spirit is a club that waits for the game to come to them too often as opposed to going out and taking charge of the game.  The club looks indecisive and passive as a result.

2) Tactics.  My first problem is Tim Krul.  Why in God's name is he hoofing the ball up time after time?  With Santon, Debuchy and Colo, he has options to throw to and build the attack from the back.  Instead, a talented midfield has watched the ball fly over their heads to the heads of the opponent's back line all too often.  Secondly, as above, he never was able to get Ba and Cisse working together.  Finally, I've never got the feeling that Pardew has ever looked at his squad, decided waht his strengths and weaknesses are, devised a way he wanted to play and stuck with it.  Surely after the January window he could see that central midfiled was strength.  A midfield three composed of Cabaye, Tiote and Sissoko (with Anita in reserve) should have been the starting point.  With the back four and Cisse up top Pardew should have been able to fill in two players and devise a schemme that played to our strengths.  Instead we got what appeared to be square pegs trying to fit into round holes.

3) Set pieces.  Out of everything, this is probably my biggest question mark.  It stands out symbolically as the difference between last year's Pardew and this year's.  Last year, I never knew what to expect.  He'd introduce little quirks or wrinkles into free kicks and corners that worked.  It kept the opponents on their back foot and gave the players confidence.  I've not seen any of that this year.  Just like Krul's distribution this year, it's dull, unimaginitive and easy to defend.

I really believe someone has stolen our Alan Pardew.  He is clearly not the same manager we had last year.  He's managed with little confidence, played too conservatively and that in turn has poisoned the squad.  Are the players playing poorly?  Absolutely.  But I think because it is because they are playing within an almost non existent framework.  If a manager's job is to put his players in a position to succeed, Pardew has failed.  Maybe the first half, he gets a pass.  But after January, he's not only failed...he's failed miserably.