Alan Pardew

Dave

Not seen this much contempt for a manager on here since Souness.

He's mentioned in every thread.

Never seen as many excuses since Souness either.

I don't recall many excuses for Souness tbh.  He was shite from the start and never looked like he got the team playing well at all, whereas Pardew at least has a 5th placed finish under his belt.  Graeme's "supporters" were thinner in ranks than Pardew's, surely. 

AP is definitely out of time now but last season "earned" him this one;  no argument he's squandered the opportunity and lost all but the most deranged/patient/apathetic of people :  I was - and to the extent it seems pointless to sack a manger at this point in the season, still am - in favor of giving him this season.  No more. 

I meant him giving excuses why every thing was not his fault.

I know Dekka has said that any manager should be allowed one bad season, but what if we have injuries next season? Does that mean that this season's pathetic excuses will be ok to trot out again if things don't go to script? I wonder how Ashley will feel about having a manager who's team plans fall apart with a few injuries?

I'm baffled how people want to lay the blame at the players doors. Our whole team is playing badly, that is 100% at the managers door. It's the last defence of the indefensible I guess

Load of nonsense. There's a fair few of us not defending Pardew in any way who also think the players are heavily to blame.

Guest neesy111

I'm baffled how people want to lay the blame at the players doors. Our whole team is playing badly, that is 100% at the managers door. It's the last defence of the indefensible I guess

Load of nonsense. There's a fair few of us not defending Pardew in any way who also think the players are heavily to blame.

:thup:

I know Dekka has said that any manager should be allowed one bad season, but what if we have injuries next season? Does that mean that this season's pathetic excuses will be ok to trot out again if things don't go to script? I wonder how Ashley will feel about having a manager who's team plans fall apart with a few injuries?

I asked this the other day. If the injuries this season are purely down to luck, why will it change? Where would we be if Cisse, our one and only striker had picked up an injury?

Not sure that keeping Pardew is tenable. And I speak as someone who never really hated Roeder (I know), turned on Souness and Allardyce later than most, and who still loooovvves Hughton; I despise him.

I don't enjoy watching us play any more. Really haven't all season. Despite being in Europe and all, it's been a dire year and painful to watch.

Heavily, really?

You can blame the players all you like, as a retail manager I can blame my staff if my store is under performing but if my staff aren't performing who do you think my area manager blames? It's my fault they aren't doing there job down to my handling/training of them. Ergo the buck has to stop at the managers door, Pardew has more than capable players in his team, the fact that they aren't performing HAS to be his responsibility.

I'd say our squad is as good as most up to the fifth placed team in the league myself.

First team possibly, squad no chance.

How so? I see all the teams bar Liverpool with youngsters/unproven players on their benches most of the time, same as us.

Don't say anything. Just look at our bench and parts of the starting Xl and concede that your judgement's off a bit.

I'd have to say something to do that. But lets go through the squad if we must....

Krul - Dutch international

Debuchy - FR int

Mbiwa - FR int

Santon - ITA int

Colo - ARG int

Cabaye - FR Int

Anita - Dutch Int

HBA - FR int

Jonas - Arg int

Sissoko -FR int

Cisse - Senegal Int

Now thats a snapshot of players. I'll concede the likes of Shola/Willo/Perch/simpson etc aren't top players but not every team has a raft of top players waiting to come on. Its been done to death but look at Swansea/Wba/Anyone up to Liverpool who'd managers would kill for a squad like ours.

Take away Anita and Jonas from there and you're left with 9 good (2 or 3 very good) players including only one goalscorer.

I don't like doing this in this particular thread because any second one of the usual suspects will turn up, assume it's a defence of Pardew and the thread goes to shit again. I'm just a little fed up of all the pretense. When the next manager comes in and doesn't have them playing like something between Swansea and Barcelona it'll all be his fault, no doubt.

Look at our last european campaign under Roeder, we played more games than this season, we had a much worse injury record that year and yet we finished 13th with Roeder resigning after a 'poor' league showing.

I'd love for us to play somewhere between Swansea and Barca, but I'd settle for a bit of pass and move and venturing out of our own area with the ball on the floor, utilising a decent midfield rather than hoofing it to a midget and watching it come back for 70 minutes a game.

I want to see us go after a game and not nervously try and cling on to a slender 1-0 for 80-odd minutes!