Alan Pardew

Dave

home to sheff utd, a large number of the crowd singing 'Sack Jack' and he quit. wonder if he would have stayed if he didnt unfortunately have a name that rhymed with Sack. :lol:

I was in the East Stand that game and he was given dogs abuse, I still couldn't believe it when he walked so soon.

was in the benches myself, quit sraight after the game? also remember a game during the season when he jumped into the paddock just a few yards from us to row with a fan, who he accused of spitting at him.

Challenge for the top ten. :lol:

I've always wanted to be in there battling with Swansea,  Fulham and West Brom.  What dreams are made of tbh.

Aye, we should be trying to knock Man Utd off there perch.

I've always wanted to be in there battling with Swansea,  Fulham and West Brom.  What dreams are made of tbh.

That should be the aim for every team.

A top ten finish next season would be progress, but then you have to look at finishing near the relegation places the season after finishing 5th as major regression.

If Pardew is to stay, there has to be a serious uptrend from now, and it there has to be some early signs that he is learning and changing his own approach. And that is a very big ask. Not impossible, but not likely, I don't think he'll change his philosophy or suddenly become tactically astute.

So you're happy to concede the Europa positions to Liverpool and Everton then?

Guest palnese

Finishing around 10th would be disappointing with the squad we've got.

Being stuck in a relegation battle is an absolute disgrace.

Here's one:

If you had to allocate marks out of 100 regarding 'the blame' for this shitty season - how would you split it between Pardew and then 'everything else' as a two-way split? So would it be 50-50, 70-30 Pardew, etc?

Everything else of course including injuries, tiredness after the EL, bad refereeing, the players, even sheer downright back luck and whatever else.

Finishing around 10th would be disappointing with the squad we've got.

Being stuck in a relegation battle is an absolute disgrace.

I fail to see how anyone in agreement with the last part in any sense wants to keep treading water with him at the helm.

Guest palnese

80 % Pardew, 10 % the board for not strengthening in the summer, 10% the players.

Or there about.

Re: Pilko's post.

80 % Pardew, 10 % the board for not strengthening in the summer, 10% the players.

Or there about.

Re: Pilko's post.

Yep :thup: Hard to quantify but the ownership stumped when things were needed in the end and the players are showing signs of descent with regard to the way they are playing.

Here's one:

If you had to allocate marks out of 100 regarding 'the blame' for this shitty season - how would you split it between Pardew and then 'everything else' as a two-way split? So would it be 50-50, 70-30 Pardew, etc?

Everything else of course including injuries, tiredness after the EL, bad refereeing, the players, even sheer downright back luck and whatever else.

Pardew 30

Investment 30

Europa strain 30

Injuries etc 15- cos they happen at every club

opps just realised what was asked.

Pardew 30/ 70 rest

So you're happy to concede the Europa positions to Liverpool and Everton then?

Didn't say that, that's ideally what I want us to do.

It's not about apportioning blame, it's about accepting responsibility for the situation we're in.

As manager he's ultimately responsible for both the results and the performances of his team. HIS team. If he's happy to get his cock sucked by the LMA when things are going well then he's got to be prepared to accept all responsibility for this shitstorm of a season. he fact he makes excuses and blames everyone and everything apart from himself makes me resent him even more. He's a coward. 

if he's still here next season, he knows he's got making up to do.

think we'll get a full-on assault on the league and fa cups.

The cups are no good to us, we'd have to play too many games and the players would be too tired.

And we'd end up back in that horrible Europe thing.

Have you only been following us for a couple of years?

The seasons under Souness were far worse.

It was probably worse, hardly far worse.

He single handedly decimated a top-4 team in front of our eyes. It was dreadful stuff.

Don't think I've ever been as unattached to football as I have been this season. To basically see the same shit week in, week out has been a fucking chore and to be honest, my enjoyment for the game has diminished rather quickly, that win against Chelsea and our Europa League run have been the only positives from this turgid season. I know there's other things to life other than football but I can't help but feel that the game is an important part of my life, it's just how it is and to receive no enjoyment for it is really saddening.

Pardew's endless list of excuses, his tactics, the fucking 3-0 loss to the Mackems...sad to say this but fuck football man, it's basically ruined the majority of my weekends and I'm now holding Pardew mainly (not wholly) responsible for this sort of apathy - there's a lot of other factors that have contributed to this season's shitness as well such as shit refereeing and a lack of investment in the summer. Football can be a fickle game mind and I have been guilty of that on a fair few occasions but it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my faith in a man who has fucked up in his role big time. Credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is due and he is rightly receiving a lot of criticism.

Have you only been following us for a couple of years?

The seasons under Souness were far worse.

:lol: How uncharacteristically condescending.

:lol: Any chance of a repeat of last night's description of Stu?

How chubz, no need for you to keep putting pennies in the slot.