Alan Pardew

Dave

I think if we still had demba and bought in who we did over the window we would of shot outwards and upwards. We just need another striker who can actually change  agame.

We need a manager who can change a game - this one can't and he's proved it time after time....

I think if we still had demba and bought in who we did over the window we would of shot outwards and upwards. We just need another striker who can actually change  agame.

We need a manager who can change a game - this one can't and he's proved it time after time....

I'd settle for one that can win one, proactively.

Actually he can change a game. We start off a good number of games pretty well and by the end of we are usually all over the place following his comical substitutions.

Actually he can change a game. We start off a good number of games pretty well and by the end of we are usually all over the place following his comical substitutions.

Aye, immensely annoying that. Chelsea at home I reckon he was gunna dee it aswell but thankfully we equalised just in time.

He needs replaced in the summer regardless if we stay up. A decent manager could be getting so much more out of the players we have. Bringing Ben Arfa on for the last 15 minutes and then pumping the ball up to Shola was just pointless, as was our entire 2nd half display in all honesty.

It's worth noting that he has been in charge of us for 2 home games against Liverpool and we have won them both. Also I was going to say this before the match yesterday but didn't get round to it. The last time we got beaten by WBA away our manager (CH) got sacked afterwards, we then played our next game against Liverpool at home and won with our new manager (AP) in charge.

I'm just clinging on to hope that somehow this is the game Pardew always seems to win, every manager has one.

Didn't the players say that they won the game for Hughton and that Pardew had nothing to do with the win?

I think he's not getting a hard time from fans because of the risk of relegation. don't want the negative atmosphere get to the players.

think if we had guaranteed survival  (drawing at wigan would have pretty much assured safety) , he would be getting a lot more shit at games... enough to possibly make him consider his position at the club or even Ashley to consider a change in the summer. pards doesn't seem to be the type to stay where he's not wanted.

think "pardew out" chants at the moment would be counter-productive.

I think he's not getting a hard time from fans because of the risk of relegation. don't want the negative atmosphere get to the players.

think if we had guaranteed survival  (drawing at wigan would have pretty much assured safety) , he would be getting a lot more shit at games... enough to possibly make him consider his position at the club or even Ashley to consider a change in the summer. pards doesn't seem to be the type to stay where he's not wanted.

I agree. It's one thing to vent online, but in our current situation the team needs support. I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley isn't of a similar view, and come the end of the season calls time on Pardew's stint here.

think if we had guaranteed survival  (drawing at wigan would have pretty much assured safety) , he would be getting a lot more s*** at games... enough to possibly make him consider his position at the club or even Ashley to consider a change in the summer. pards doesn't seem to be the type to stay where he's not wanted.

The fans turned against him when we played Reading and I think they will do it again.

After the Arsenal match we should stay behind, turn our backs and shout Pardew out. Once we have been instructed to leave we should take it to the main entrance. At the end of the season we need to make it clear no one wants the cunt here anymore.

Apologies if this has been mentioned/posted already.... interesting article in yeseterday's scottish daily mail where they've assumed that Reading and QPR are gone and take a look at the 6 clubs still in the shit and ask their managers some questions..... here's Pardew's responses:

Q) What makes you think you will stay in the league?

A) Do I have the squad to get out of it? Yes. I don't think we have reacted to the criticsm we've had, we've accepted it, we know what we think is wrong and we need to put it right.  We now have five games to be fresh. They have been so different in training because they know they carry the responsibility to get results.  It's very important that we respond in terms of our performance level.

Q)  Why are you near the foot of the table?

A)  I never in my career at any level had an injury-plagued season like we have had.  Whether that's down to the extra games or just a run I don't know, but it has coincided with inclusion in the Europa League.  Last year, we hardly had any injuries - I think we had the same back five for about 10 games.  This year we've hardly had a settled back four, let alone team.  That's been the problem.  Also, we've not picked up points away from home when we should have done.  That's something we need to improve before the end of the season.

Q)  How does your run-in compare with the teams around you?

A)  Our target is to get 40 points as quickly as possible and if you get a win you can look at the top 10 as it is that tight.  But right now we need to secure points.

Q)  Who can produce the moments of magic to keep you up?

A)  Fabricio Collocini is training but it is not full physical training.  We hope that will come next week as it would be a big boost to have our captain back.  Hatem Ben Arfa is not ready to start.  We are trying to manage to make sure we don't lose him for the last five games.  I wouldn't say there's an over reliance on Papiss Cisse's goals.  He seems to be getting the goals that are very, very important for us, but we do need other players to chip in.

think if we had guaranteed survival  (drawing at wigan would have pretty much assured safety) , he would be getting a lot more s*** at games... enough to possibly make him consider his position at the club or even Ashley to consider a change in the summer. pards doesn't seem to be the type to stay where he's not wanted.

The fans turned against him when we played Reading and I think they will do it again.

i mean in a real collective way vocally letting him know it's time to leave

Will be impossible to look forward to next season with him in charge.

think i would still look forward to it with blind excitement - we'll make new signings, and no footie for 2 months always gets you desperate for a new season.

I think "You don't know what you're doing" let him know what they thought about his substitutions.  It turned out that the changes were due to injuries.  He was still given stick and that was mainly because people thought that he was stupid enough to remove an injury free Marveaux and Cabaye.

Perch came on for Marveaux and within minutes we'd gone from 1-0 up to 1-1, next he removed Cabaye and replaced him with Bigirimana and within minutes we were 2-1 behind.

I think "You don't know what you're doing" let him know what they thought about his substitutions.  It turned out that the changes were due to injuries.  He was still given stick and that was mainly because people thought that he was stupid enough to remove an injury free Marveaux and Cabaye.

Perch came on for Marveaux and within minutes we'd gone from 1-0 up to 1-1, next he removed Cabaye and replaced him with Bigirimana and within minutes we were 2-1 behind.

still it was a bit restrained that day... have heard a lot worse and more bitter.

The difference being that after Reading we had lots of matches to play. After the mackems we had 5.

I feel really sorry for Vurnon Anita, being bought and then left out of the side every singe week because he doesn't fit into our shitty physical philosophy. Even the sheer symbolism of Gosling getting a few seconds of pitch time ahead of him says so much about how much of a clueless wanker Pardew is.

Being Yohan's comeback game after a long lay off, he knew he wouldn't get the 90, yet he still brought Marveaux off, while we were controlling the game.

That substitution of Marveaux, to me, actually cost us the points. And had I have been the owner, he would've been sacked at 5 o clock.

still it was a bit restrained that day... have heard a lot worse and more bitter.

I'm not sure that it was too restrained, I think it was just a case of it being the start and it was stopped by us winning games. We'd brought in the new players who lifted us for a few games and fans didn't have a lot to complain about at that time.

The difference being that after Reading we had lots of matches to play. After the mackems we had 5.

If anything, having only two home games might save him from getting too much stick as anger needs to build up.  Fans are angry with him and it's not just on here as some try to make out, you only have to listen to Total Sport to know that more people are complaining about him than before.

Yep, I think Mick's right. Unfortunately I think we're heading for a Christmas sacking. My only hope is that they've already started thinking about who they'll bring in if they sack him, but mid season it's much harder. If we get the next appointment wrong as well we're going to set ourselves back pretty far.