Alan Pardew

Dave

Every time he says "Europa League" I die a little bit inside.

He has continually used it as an excuse and has tried to develop this atmosphere around the club that it should be treated as a hindrance rather than something to look forward to. It infuriates me.

Yep, I think Mick's right. Unfortunately I think we're heading for a Christmas sacking. My only hope is that they've already started thinking about who they'll bring in if they sack him, but mid season it's much harder. If we get the next appointment wrong as well we're going to set ourselves back pretty far.

I think the only way he will get sacked at christmas, or any season is if we have less than 20 points at half a season.

edit- i think he will still be here in 4 years time.

Yep, I think Mick's right. Unfortunately I think we're heading for a Christmas sacking. My only hope is that they've already started thinking about who they'll bring in if they sack him, but mid season it's much harder. If we get the next appointment wrong as well we're going to set ourselves back pretty far.

I think the only way he will get sacked at christmas, or any season is if we have less than 20 points at half a season.

:'(

Guest neesy111

:dave:

Im not trolling or pissing about anymore either, fed up- and its the ambition of the whole top end of the club to simply stay in the Division.

This season has been such a huge disappointment, I think most were optimistic heading into it after qualifying for Europe the year before. The extra games are such a ready-made excuse for managers and players, but you have your squad and you work with it, that's the managers job. When you rely on one or two to change a game and they play every game they're available for, of course they'll get tired and results will drop. This is why you instil a philosophy you want each player to follow, at all levels of the club, so when they do come into the side they know exactly what's expected of them.

Training time for each individual game has been less, but you must manage within this and Pardew has failed in this regard. With two games in a week, I refuse to believe it's impossible to work on key points for both of them and devise game plans. Pardew acted as though only the upcoming game was worked on, and then after that, the game on the Sunday. It's just not an effective use of time spent with the players.

Now we have one game a week, the pitch is blamed, the injuries excuse comes out. Injuries have been bad this year, but in a lot of our games you could look at our line-up and think we have enough there to win or do better than we have done.

Get the fucking ball on the ground and work on passing and moving. We have the players capable of implementing that style. To be honest, it's embarrassing for all involved just how boring and one dimensional we are.

Im not trolling or pissing about anymore either, fed up- and its the ambition of the whole top end of the club to simply stay in the Division.

I'm glad you're not doing that anymore, you're normally a good poster  ;)

I think you're right re: the ambition btw. Just got to hope that Mike gets a feel for wanting to be a bit more successful.

Are Llambias and Ashley daft enough to risk going into the new season if Pardew has lost the fans?  I'm not sure he's as safe as some people think.  I'm sure that they would prefer to keep Pardew because they seem to get on well, mainly because he's an arse licker and is only too happy to big them up at every opportunity.  That said, a lot is at stake and I don't think they'll back him at any cost.

I'm glad you're not doing that anymore, you're normally a good poster  ;)

I think you're right re: the ambition btw. Just got to hope that Mike gets a feel for wanting to be a bit more successful.

well I just hope this gradual building of the club is true- seems like the playing side is going backwards to me, got to hope for better without the europa.

well I just hope this gradual building of the club is true- seems like the playing side is going backwards to me, got to hope for better without the europa.

Next season should be better, that's not a given though.  Look at yesterday, we were coming into the game after our worst defeat to our enemy since 1978 and he had a week to work with the players.  The best they could do was play for 45 minutes and then revert to type.  The display was no different from many we've seen during the season and it could easily have ended with another defeat.

Next season should be better, that's not a given though.  Look at yesterday, we were coming into the game after our worst defeat to our enemy since 1978 and he had a week to work with the players.  The best they could do was play for 45 minutes and then revert to type.  The display was no different from many we've seen during the season and it could easily have ended with another defeat.

that is becoming a real joke and something has to change.

this season reminds me of the one under Jack charlton, went into it a real high, after Keegan, beardsley, Waddle, Promotion Arthur Cox attacking philosophy, then :anguish:  we were top after 3/4 games and eventually just survived- older posters will remember how it ended :lol:

abuse at an away friendly

home to sheff utd, a large number of the crowd singing 'Sack Jack' and he quit. wonder if he would have stayed if he didnt unfortunately have a name that rhymed with Sack. :lol:

This season has been such a huge disappointment, I think most were optimistic heading into it after qualifying for Europe the year before. The extra games are such a ready-made excuse for managers and players, but you have your squad and you work with it, that's the managers job. When you rely on one or two to change a game and they play every game they're available for, of course they'll get tired and results will drop. This is why you instil a philosophy you want each player to follow, at all levels of the club, so when they do come into the side they know exactly what's expected of them.

Training time for each individual game has been less, but you must manage within this and Pardew has failed in this regard. With two games in a week, I refuse to believe it's impossible to work on key points for both of them and devise game plans. Pardew acted as though only the upcoming game was worked on, and then after that, the game on the Sunday. It's just not an effective use of time spent with the players.

Now we have one game a week, the pitch is blamed, the injuries excuse comes out. Injuries have been bad this year, but in a lot of our games you could look at our line-up and think we have enough there to win or do better than we have done.

Get the fucking ball on the ground and work on passing and moving. We have the players capable of implementing that style. To be honest, it's embarrassing for all involved just how boring and one dimensional we are.

Nail on the head.

The EL can't be used as an excuse, for the most part it was our 2nd string who played games in the EL until the knock out stages. Injuries have been bad and I think we really should start looking at our medical team for that because they have been bad for 10-15 years now. At one point we even ripped up the training ground just to stop the injuries as they thought it was the playing surface there causing the injuries. The fact is that even with our injuries Pardew is still playing the shit players ahead of the better players who are available. Tiote should be nowhere near the first team, however if he is fit then he is in the squad, in fact even if he is not 100% fit he is playing. Obertan was only dropped because he was injured, Jonas is past it, no way should Shola be playing ahead of Campbell who deserves a chance, and no way should he be given a new contract. Ben Arfa looks slightly jaded and he isn't risked in the team despite him being our only creative player from midfield apart from Sissoko. Cabaye is constantly given the duties of indirect free kicks and corners despite his set pieces being shambolic.

home to sheff utd, a large number of the crowd singing 'Sack Jack' and he quit. wonder if he would have stayed if he didnt unfortunately have a name that rhymed with Sack. :lol:

was it a friendly? for some reason that sticks in my mind

was it a friendly? for some reason that sticks in my mind

yeah it was, pre season 85/86?

As I've said before in this thread; if he doesn't go then thats a massive statement of intent from the powers a the top in terms of ambition. Ive been pleased with them generally this season. They did all Pardew asked for this January and he hasn't put his money where his shite spewing mouth is.

if he's still here next season, he knows he's got making up to do.

think we'll get a full-on assault on the league and fa cups.

The cups are no good to us, we'd have to play too many games and the players would be too tired.

I was in the East Stand that game and he was given dogs abuse, I still couldn't believe it when he walked so soon.