Alan Pardew

Dave

Don't think I've ever been as unattached to football as I have been this season. To basically see the same shit week in, week out has been a fucking chore and to be honest, my enjoyment for the game has diminished rather quickly, that win against Chelsea and our Europa League run have been the only positives from this turgid season. I know there's other things to life other than football but I can't help but feel that the game is an important part of my life, it's just how it is and to receive no enjoyment for it is really saddening.

Pardew's endless list of excuses, his tactics, the fucking 3-0 loss to the Mackems...sad to say this but fuck football man, it's basically ruined the majority of my weekends and I'm now holding Pardew mainly (not wholly) responsible for this sort of apathy - there's a lot of other factors that have contributed to this season's shitness as well such as shit refereeing and a lack of investment in the summer. Football can be a fickle game mind and I have been guilty of that on a fair few occasions but it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my faith in a man who has fucked up in his role big time. Credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is due and he is rightly receiving a lot of criticism.

Have you only been following us for a couple of years?

The seasons under Souness were far worse.

Far worse in what way? I can safely say I've enjoyed two games this season - Chelsea and Bordeaux at home.

In Souness' first season, we got just as far in the UEFA Cup but far more enjoyably because we scored a shitload more goals (28 vs 13), got to an FA Cup semi (Spurs and Chelsea at home were great days), the league campaign was fucking dire but we still managed more away wins, less away defeats, less home defeats. We also finished 11 points clear of the drop, which we'll be lucky to do this season.

It was rotten and yet there's literally nothing about this season which is better. "Far worse"?! As usual you're talking utter toss.

All of this is true. Souness was appalling, this is worse.

Don't think I've ever been as unattached to football as I have been this season. To basically see the same shit week in, week out has been a fucking chore and to be honest, my enjoyment for the game has diminished rather quickly, that win against Chelsea and our Europa League run have been the only positives from this turgid season. I know there's other things to life other than football but I can't help but feel that the game is an important part of my life, it's just how it is and to receive no enjoyment for it is really saddening.

Pardew's endless list of excuses, his tactics, the fucking 3-0 loss to the Mackems...sad to say this but fuck football man, it's basically ruined the majority of my weekends and I'm now holding Pardew mainly (not wholly) responsible for this sort of apathy - there's a lot of other factors that have contributed to this season's shitness as well such as shit refereeing and a lack of investment in the summer. Football can be a fickle game mind and I have been guilty of that on a fair few occasions but it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my faith in a man who has fucked up in his role big time. Credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is due and he is rightly receiving a lot of criticism.

:lol: How uncharacteristically condescending.

:lol: Any chance of a repeat of last night's description of Stu?

I agree that this is worse than Souness.

We had lower expectations then anyway, we had a decent though unremarkable squad. However I genuinely believe this team is the best we've had in a decade, yet we're going to get a brush with relegation (or worse) out of it, which is just so sickening.

And the horrid, horrid ways he sets the team up. Results are more important than style, which is why last season we tolerated the shit football. This season our luck's run out and we're not getting the results either. He simply must go.

Someone list the team we usually fielded under Souness.

It was something like:

(4-4-2)

Given

Carr

Bramble

Boumsong

Babayaro

Milner

Dyer

Butt

Robert

Shearer

Kluivert/Shola

Guest firetotheworks

Playing Cisse right wing is worse tbh. Shola's useless regardless of his position. Cisse has a great deal of talent as a centre forward.

The thing with Souness is that you knew he wouldn't be here long term. Fat Fred was always willing to pull the trigger once we looked as though we'd be in the shit. We're stuck with the current clueless cunt, it seems.

I think I saw a couple of people on here during the week saying 'give him till Christmas and if he's cack; sack him then.' Well, I assume that will mean we'll be diabolical (again). So that'll be ANOTHER season written off at this god forsaken club. Yay. The second we're declared safe this season get rid of this tosser. Devastatingly, I predict we'll be starting next season with him. There's no way I can watch this (x2) all over again.

"Trust me, we'll be a top ten team next year."

GERRIN!!

Comfortable mid table obscurity! WOOPTY f***ing DO

Watch him start saying we're pushing for Europe - despite him hating it all season.

Aye! Stupid cunt will be preaching about qualifying for Europe as the holy grail, the bare minimum requirement for us to 'compete'. Then just play all the kids once we get in it and call them shit. Good man.

Amongst other things I just don't see why we'll suddenly have no injuries next season, which is what I hear him hanging his hat on now in interviews.

All his positivity seems to be based upon having a fit squad to "attack" next season with.

I also don't trust anyone who manages to shoe-horn the phrase "trust me" into every single media interview I watch.

Amongst other things I just don't see why we'll suddenly have no injuries next season, which is what I hear him hanging his hat on now in interviews.

All his positivity seems to be based upon having a fit squad to "attack" next season with.

I also don't trust anyone who manages to shoe-horn the phrase "trust me" into every single media interview I watch.

I've said the same recently, it does my head in because the only people I've met who repeatedly said it were liars.

Don't think I've ever been as unattached to football as I have been this season. To basically see the same s*** week in, week out has been a f***ing chore and to be honest, my enjoyment for the game has diminished rather quickly, that win against Chelsea and our Europa League run have been the only positives from this turgid season. I know there's other things to life other than football but I can't help but feel that the game is an important part of my life, it's just how it is and to receive no enjoyment for it is really saddening.

Pardew's endless list of excuses, his tactics, the f***ing 3-0 loss to the Mackems...sad to say this but f*** football man, it's basically ruined the majority of my weekends and I'm now holding Pardew mainly (not wholly) responsible for this sort of apathy - there's a lot of other factors that have contributed to this season's shitness as well such as s*** refereeing and a lack of investment in the summer. Football can be a fickle game mind and I have been guilty of that on a fair few occasions but it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep my faith in a man who has f***ed up in his role big time. Credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is due and he is rightly receiving a lot of criticism.

The Souness era was f***ing horrendous - this is an undeniable fact. The man was an absolute c*** and undid all the good work Bobby did. The only direction you saw with Souness was a downward spiral. This season does have some parallels with back then though - this season really is just as bad in terms of performances.

In terms of the individual, I am by no means saying that Pardew reminds of Souness - the two are nothing alike, for one thing their management styles are so much different (and Pardew is a more likeable person).

The issues with Pardew that's got me down about football this season are his empty promises (he's gone back on his ways/style of last season), his consistent negative approach/overall cowardliness (sitting deep instead of pushing on) and his apparent refusal to change - his inability to adapt during the game being an example. Our set pieces are a disgrace and any sort of fight/passion isn't really there anymore (I can only recall 3 occasions when we've fought until the very end). In addition, he's had a go at the youngsters, he doesn't speak the truth anymore in his post-match interviews (something he did most of the time last season) and does not take any responsibility for any of our failures. Furthermore, the fact that I expect every away game to go the way of the opposition and the fact that we're in April and we're still talking about a relegation fight speaks volumes.

I'm amazed at how lenient the media have been on him this season. In years gone by its only taken a couple of losses and all of a sudden the worlds caving in on Barrack Road. And none of those managers were responsible for our worst derby loss in over 30 years. I'm quite amazed, actually. I'm assuming its the absence of any fan pressure being made apparent at SJP, but to think that we're in grave danger of relegation (I reckon we'll finish 17th) is just unforgivable and Pardew can count himself unbelievably fortunate so far.

"Trust me, we'll be a top ten team next year."

GERRIN!!

Aye, in what fucking league though?

Fucking cunt.

Also, top 10, we were top 5 last season and in my opinion we have a much better squad now then we did 12 months ago.