Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

When is the FA gonna rule on Pardew's charge? Would have thought something similar to player appeals vs reds, like before the next match. If this 'delay' makes him available for Chelsea, all the better.

He's available tomorrow.  He's requested a personal hearing so it'll be done then.

Was very disappointed with his post match interview yesterday.

Loads of moaning about the schedule, having a dig at Torres despite it being a clear penalty.

Didn't come across very well IMO.

Loads of moaning about the schedule, having a dig at Torres despite it being a clear penalty.

Just doing what he always does, fights his players' corner. Besides, the scheduling was worthy of a moan and Torres did make the most of it. I don't think he actually denied the fact it was the right decision?

Would have been ridiculous to join everyone in condemning Anita in what was only his first game in this country.

said two true things about those points.

Most players would have done the same in Torres' position tbh, just came across as a petty dig.

And yeah the scheduling was poor, by all means mention that. He pretty much blamed it directly for the loss though, which was a bit much considering we made 9 changes for the Chelsea game.

No big deal, just he's usually more gracious in defeat than I felt he was yesterday.

Most players would have done the same in Torres' position tbh, just came across as a petty dig.

And yeah the scheduling was poor, by all means mention that. He pretty much blamed it directly for the loss though, which was a bit much considering we made 9 changes for the Chelsea game.

No big deal, just he's usually more gracious in defeat than I felt he was yesterday.

it's not just the playing in greece but the travelling and a few of that starting XI did travel.

He had every right to criticise Torres. While by the letter of the law it was a pen, football is meant to be a man's game and diving like that prick did is a fucking low act.

Nothing really struck me as sour grapes from Pards. I thought it was a pen but Torres did go down easy. We were shite and off the pace 1st half better 2nd. All pundits have mentioned that we played on Thursday, so its fair for Pardew to use it regardless that we only used 3 players.

agreed,

torres is a cheating diving cunt tho- and for that reason alone refs should give him nowt. he could easily have withstood that challenge, but he threw his leg back and himself down, to me this is cheating and not worthy of a penalty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/26/fernando-torres-didier-drogba-chelsea

"I think we are realistic about where we think we are," Pardew said. "I think we are in that group with Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool. But whether we can reach the dizzy heights of Man City, Man United, Chelsea … where they are now … it's going to be tough. But you've got to believe you can.

"The only time I hear the word 'expectations' from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know. We will continue hopefully to excel this year and get a top- eight finish. Top five would be a great achievement."

:thup:

Absolutely spot on, he does seem to say a lot of thing that the majority think even if some try to dissect it to something negative. Nice one Pards :thup:

I reckon JC does has his ear a fair bit, he knows too much :lol: