Alan Pardew

Dave

If he's banned for 8 games then surely there's grounds to legally set David Bernstein on fire?

Yes!

"§7-2. If manager/Coach get 8 game ban for showing assistant ref, David Bernstein can be set on fire, without risk of prosecution. "

Go on lad!

Telegraph saying that despite the applaudable apology it will have to be a minimum of 8 games. Hopefully their columnist is clueless.

If he used the term 'applaudable apology', I think it's safe to assume that he is. :thup:

I don't think that came from the telegraph :lol:

:snod:  O0

JOSE MOURINHO GIVES NEWCASTLE BOSS ALAN PARDEW SEAL OF APPROVAL

I had a text from Jose Mourinho yesterday wishing me all the best and it’s things like that which make you realise things are good

23rd August 2012

By Ian Murtagh

NEWCASTLE’S return to Europe after a five-year exile has earned the seal of approval from Jose Mourinho.

Toon chief Alan Pardew last night revealed he’d received a good luck text from the Special One ahead of tonight’s Europa League tie against little-known Greek side Atromitos.

Pardew sends out a team for tonight’s first leg bearing little resemblance to the one which finished fifth in the Premier League last season.

A combination of injuries to key players Demba Ba and Cheick Tiote and the fact Newcastle are back in action inside 48 hours at Chelsea on Saturday means Pardew will rely on several fringe players.

Keeper Steve Harper starts his first Toon game in 16 months.

Even so, the occasion will be a source of immense satisfaction for Pardew.

He admits that he never envisaged such trips when he was first appointed manager in December 2010.

Pardew, who has pleaded guilty to an FA misconduct charge for pushing a linesman in Saturday’s defeat of Spurs, said: “It’s a feather in our cap and I’m proud we’re going to experience it.

“I’d have found it surprising had anyone said we would be in Europe by now.

“I’d have thought we would have had to win one of the cups because the league looked beyond us.

“I had a text from Jose Mourinho yesterday wishing me all the best and it’s things like that which make you realise things are good.

“I don’t usually get texts from him so it shows we’re getting noticed.”

Pardew admits he knows little about Atromitos, who finished fourth in the Greek Super League last term but who have yet to kick-off their domestic campaign this time round.

But Tiote, Ba and Fabricio Coloccini did not travel along with the suspended Hatem Ben Arfa, with the former doubtful for the trip to Stamford Bridge.

With Shola Ameobi nursing a hamstring strain, Papiss Cisse is Newcastle’s only fit ­recognised striker and Pardew could start with him tonight.

One player delighted to be involved is Harper, 37, whose last senior appearance for the Toon was at Aston Villa in April last year.

He said: “I’m really ­looking forward to playing again because I didn’t want my career to peter out and ­disappear into oblivion.”

Eh? Yesterday was more:

Harper

Tav  Willi  Perch  R.Taylor

Bigi  Anita

Obertan    Gos    Marveaux

Cisse

Guest Roger Kint

Eh? Yesterday was more:

Harper

Tav  Willi  Perch  R.Taylor

Bigi  Anita

Obertan    Gos    Marveaux

Cisse

That's how I saw it.

Theres only 1 person on Earth that didnt tbh

Disappointed he went 4-4-2 yesterday. Suggests he views that as our Plan A.

Say WHAAAAAAAATTTTT?

Even on my shite stream, you could clearly see it was set up as a 4-2-3-1.  When we weren't in possession or waiting for a goal kick, you could see the way we were lined up Football Manager style. 

When is the FA gonna rule on Pardew's charge? Would have thought something similar to player appeals vs reds, like before the next match. If this 'delay' makes him available for Chelsea, all the better.