Alan Pardew

Dave

I really hope the board aren't just believing Pardew's nonsense about injuries and a small squad. That's only a small part of the problem.

A small squad is a major part of the problem.

Other managers are doing better with less. And we've used about 30 players so far.

Did many managers do better with less last season?

Didn't think so.

Time moves on. It's not last May.

I really hope the board aren't just believing Pardew's nonsense about injuries and a small squad. That's only a small part of the problem.

Other managers are doing better with less. And we've used about 30 players so far.

Didn't think so.

It wasn't so long ago that it is no longer relevant.

Didn't think so.

It doesn't help us in our current situation. Falling from 5th to 14th should be cause for concern instead of dreaming about last season.

Didn't think so.

It doesn't help us in our current situation. Falling from 5th to 14th should be cause for concern instead of dreaming about last season.

But it's completely 'short termist' to overlook it.  He worked brilliantly with a small squad last year and badly so far this year.  On any sensible analysis of Pardew, you wouldn't then ignore last season's achievements.

Guest malandro

AP has been in charge for two years but how he wants his team to play remains a mystery. Either the supporters are too stupid to recognise how his team plays, or he doesn't know what he's doing.

Didn't think so.

But it's completely 'short termist' to overlook it.  He worked brilliantly with a small squad last year and badly so far this year.  On any sensible analysis of Pardew, you wouldn't then ignore last season's achievements.

Equally you wouldn't ignore this season's shortcomings.

AP has been in charge for two years but how he wants his team to play remains a mystery. Either the supporters are too stupid to recognise how his team plays, or he doesn't know what he's doing.

I think part of it is that our transfer policy means we're always likely to end up with a team that's a bit of a square peg and we have to find a way of jamming it in a round hole.  If anyone else would be better at ramming it in the hole than Pardew, I dunno.

Didn't think so.

And I haven't done so - I don't think anyone could.  Unfortunately, key players being out of form, some injuries and suspensions haven't helped - things which we didn't have as much of last year.

Didn't think so.

Looking at Pardew's management career as a whole (long termist), It'd be foolish to hold up last year as a marker for his ability or future achievement. Before us his highest placing was 9th before he was sacked the year after. It'd take an incredible brave person to bet on us getting to the heights of last season again.

Guest malandro

I think part of it is that our transfer policy means we're always likely to end up with a team that's a bit of a square peg and we have to find a way of jamming it in a round hole.  If anyone else would be better at ramming it in the hole than Pardew, I dunno.

True. There's better managers than AP but they wouldn't work for MA. So we seem to be stuck with an owner who can't see past the pound signs and a decidedly average manager - not a great combination.

Since Pardew is a professional and experienced football manager, isn't the former more likely?

Just saying.

Didn't think so.

And I haven't done so - I don't think anyone could.  Unfortunately, key players being out of form, some injuries and suspensions haven't helped - things which we didn't have as much of last year.

Those things are normal for a football team.  It is equally valid to say that last season we were fortunate in our lack of these and this season, with a normal load of injuries, suspensions etc we are seeing a truer reflection of the squad and setup we have.

Pardew has to share at least some of the blame for the transfer policy, because whilst he doesn't have the final say, it doesn't go on without his input either.

Our last two major buys - Cisse and Anita - didn't address the most significant gaps in the team. We already had three centre forward-types and CM wasn't the weakest either. In terms of prioritising, we could have done better, and Pardew's judgement has to be questioned.

Since Pardew is a professional and experienced football manager, isn't the former more likely?

Just saying.

:lol:

Just saying.

:lol:

:lol: Insane post. He's trolling in the deep.

I know I was pushing it :lol:

All I meant was it is possible that Pardew isn't as clueless as fans think. It's not like your average fan is a tactical genius.

God bless you Ian. Forget the average fan, they're morons, focus on the criticisms given on this board as it's all that's worth discussing.

Guest neesy111

Pardew “There is too much information going out of this training ground to the opposition and I am not going to have it any more.” “I don’t think I should be boarding up the training ground around my main pitch, which I have had to do.”

“People are coming and looking through the fence and putting my team on the internet and giving it to the press. Therefore, what I have stopped is the real fans coming to get a view of us.”

“That how I have to be, I am afraid.” “We need to give ourselves the maximum chance of winning our first away game.” “I apologize to the fans if they are not getting the information before the game.”

Anyone know what is about?

Pardew “There is too much information going out of this training ground to the opposition and I am not going to have it any more.” “I don’t think I should be boarding up the training ground around my main pitch, which I have had to do.”

“People are coming and looking through the fence and putting my team on the internet and giving it to the press. Therefore, what I have stopped is the real fans coming to get a view of us.”

“That how I have to be, I am afraid.” “We need to give ourselves the maximum chance of winning our first away game.” “I apologize to the fans if they are not getting the information before the game.”

Seems weird. He's often dropping hints to the press himself about tactical issues and selections.

Blame James and his bib guessing antics, basically gonna get us relegated.

Seems weird. He's often dropping hints to the press himself about tactical issues and selections.

He has flipped!

They have arected a big canvas boared around the training pitch but its sort of transparent anyway, someone professional will be able to see through.

Transparent you say? Quick, get some Sports Direct logos on them pronto!