Alan Pardew

Dave

His whole mentality when chasing a game is the problem there. When in trouble he resorts to more and more hoofball out of desperation. It never works.

Annoys me n all. Often sacrificing the midfield & all shape while he's at it. Hence why Everton were able to easily close the game out on Weds as there was no-one left in the middle to pressure the ball.

:thup: both posts

How many times is that he's used the word 'magic' ffs. Last time it was to be able to beat Southampton and Stoke iirc.

Amazes me we still have people defending him. He's basically saying every week that he has no idea what he's doing any more.

There's been plenty of rumour of a bit of trouble in the dressing room, one thing is for sure, the fringe players struggle to put a shift in (I'll except Bigi from that) and there's no self motivation out on the pitch.

We should beat the drop but we'll have a huge summer ahead. Hopefully the arrival of Debuchy will keep Cabaye but HBA and others may get itchy feet.

There's been plenty of rumour of a bit of trouble in the dressing room, one thing is for sure, the fringe players struggle to put a shift in (I'll except Bigi from that) and there's no self motivation out on the pitch.

We should beat the drop but we'll have a huge summer ahead. Hopefully the arrival of Debuchy will keep Cabaye but HBA and others may get itchy feet.

Says something when players might only want to stay because we've signed their mate.

Maybe we should find a place on the coaching team for Ben Arfa's mam. It would almost certainly be an improvement.

I'll tell what I think about Pardew:

My faith in him is still there somewhere - he has stuck with (well at least started with) the same system (4-2-3-1) for consecutive games now so that's an indication that the system is kinda stuck in his mind atm and I would like to see how we do with Ben Arfa and Cabaye in the system (and with Cisse finally being in the centre) before making my final call on Pardew. Yes, times are shit atm and he does spout quite a lot of shite and he has been very questionable tactically but I'm still going to give him a bit more time. The hourglass is running empty rather quickly though, the next 3 games will be make or break for him.

Fire away.

How many times is that he's used the word 'magic' ffs. Last time it was to be able to beat Southampton and Stoke iirc.

Amazes me we still have people defending him. He's basically saying every week that he has no idea what he's doing any more.

Aye. That's what becomes ever more apparent in his post-match interviews.

Unbelievable quotes.  Shows yet again he has fuck all idea of what he's doing.

That spell where Elliott was practically on the half-way line thumping free-kicks to Ranger and that cunt with the armband on was particularly frustrating.  IT HASN'T FUCKING WELL WORKED FOR THE OTHER 904808337237264646 TIMES WE'VE TRIED IT SO WHY DO YOU THINK IT WILL NOW?!?!?!?!?!

Guest neesy111

Magic does not exist.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png?1322693145

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm sick of the sight of him & his horrific selections/subs/tactics/quotes, I've even more sick of having to watch us muddle through nearly all our games with seemingly no plan at all in place. Normally here you'd say get rid while you can but getting rid is fraught with as potential negatives as keeping him due to the totally inadequates we have running the show that would be choosing the replacement.

My only hope is we'll get our better players back and they'll be able to muddle through despite him 'til the end of the season but even then if we pick up any more injuries in key areas we're absolutely on our knees again unless we strengthen suitably in this window, something which none of us can be sure of happening due to the aforementioned idiots running this rudderless ship at the moment.

Bloody depressing stuff.

We should beat the drop

This is what scares me though now. We "should" but our bad run has gone on so long it's going to take something exceptional to get us out of it. Something like signing at least 2 more quality first team players as soon as possible (not going to happen) and for our strongest 11 to stay fit for the rest of the season. Ben arfa,Cabaye and Taylor included (very unlikely)

I can actually see QPR picking up way more points than they have in their remaining games, especially if they let Harry spend his millions. 

Southampton have comprehensively played better than us all season so far.

Reading are the weakest i feel and Villa are in a similar run to us but are both capable or putting a run together.

I just really fear for us at the moment. All Pardew keeps saying week after week is how we will be better when we get some players back. Like he believes it will all click into place once they are back. Constantly talks down our squad players so it's no surprise when they play like shit.

Oh and he loves Shola which just confirms to be that the guy is a complete imbecile.

Guest malandro

Unbelievable quotes.  Shows yet again he has f*** all idea of what he's doing.

That spell where Elliott was practically on the half-way line thumping free-kicks to Ranger and that c*** with the armband on was particularly frustrating.  IT HASN'T f***ing WELL WORKED FOR THE OTHER 904808337237264646 TIMES WE'VE TRIED IT SO WHY DO YOU THINK IT WILL NOW?!?!?!?!?!

Reduced to nicking tactics from Dave Bassett's Wimbledon on national TV.

It's obvious to see why we did so well last season results wise, the man relies on individuals and without them he's clueless.

He needs players like Cabaye, Colo etc etc on the pitch every week other wise he can't get results as his whole idealogy is based around individuals.

When Santon said in the past that Pardew reminds him of Mourinho i'm beginning to understand what he meant..... it's the whole idea of individuals except Mourinho is so much better in every area possible but he does have a similar philosophy that its about individuals over team like say Guardiola is about creating an team ethic that supports the individual.

We will never go anywhere fast with Pardew at the helm and i'm confident our policy can ( when done right) make crap managers look good so if by some miracle we could get a good manager then we should go far with the players we acquire.

Shame i doubt it will ever happen.

He needs players like Cabaye, Colo etc etc on the pitch every week other wise he can't get results as his whole idealogy is based around individuals.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Not really sure what the big deal with the Marveux quote is.

He's saying that he hoped the fringe players could do enough of a job so that only have to use important player like Marveux for the last 20 to tip the balance.

What's wrong with that? Fair enough judge him on our shiteness, but people are spiralling into hate by raging at any innocuous quote now.

It's obvious to see why we did so well last season results wise, the man relies on individuals and without them he's clueless.

When Santon said in the past that Pardew reminds him of Mourinho i'm beginning to understand what he meant..... it's the whole idea of individuals except Mourinho is so much better in every area possible but he does have a similar philosophy that its about individuals over team like say Guardiola is.

We will never go anywhere fast with Pardew at the helm and i'm confident our policy can ( when done right) make crap managers look good so if by some miracle we could get a good manager then we should go far with the players we acquire.

Shame i doubt it will ever happen.

Aye, we'd be just fine playing the "individuals over ideology" game if our individuals included Ronaldo, Alonso, Ozil, Modric, and Benzema.

Guest Dontooner

Magic and Spirit, he tactics are of fairy tails