Alan Pardew

Dave

At the end of the day, we're asking Rolf Harris to do Michelangelo's job on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. We're asking a bus driver to drive a McLaren in the British Grand Prix. The man has nothing on his CV to even suggest he can manage a club, to play football the majority of fans want to see whilst gaining results to achieve success on a consistent basis. We shouldn't be surprised that we lack any attacking tactical plan week in week out. The man doesn't have this quality in his managerial arsenal. He is mediocre,at best. I feel we deserve better.

If this is stability, another 7 years of this, then you can shove stability where the sun doesn't fucking shine.

Very unlucky today - missing our 4 best players, 2 fullbacks crocked within half an hour and still took 2 ridiculously bad decisions to beat us.

Yep and lost to the worst team in the league very unlucky we were

The same worst team which beat Everton on their home turf ??? I thought QPR were the worst but I guess some people here just come up with anything to prove it's Pardew's fault we lost the game.

Guest GeordieAce

At what point did I say it was?

It was written all over your post without you actually saying it.  You're going on as if today is a one off and it's anything but, its par for the course.  People aren’t pissed off because of today and one game, it’s more that we’re poor more often than not.

:lol:

I don't think today was a one off at all and I'm actually all for replacing Pardew. I just think today, it wasn't Pardew to blame for the defeat, it was down to the reasons I mentioned. But I agree with what your saying as the football has been way below par.

I'm a bit lost as to what happened after Debuchy went off, we were looking very good up until that point and suddenly it all changed. I don't know if that was down to Pardew or momentum changing but I'm leaning towards the former, I just don't see how they could have found an extra gear with our full back going off.

As for the rest of the match, I can't complain too much about AP, only the Gouffran switch annoyed me. Thursday's tough game has been forgotten, the effect of which was doubled as 2 first half subs meant we really needed fresh legs in the second but couldn't, Sissoko in particular seemed to really be struggling. And then there's the mental aspect of that tackle too. I thought we put in a good shift in the second half, created some opportunities and could have had more but for some poor decision-making.

I suspect next year Pardew will be Manager and Andy Carroll will be back at CF. We will probably play some kind of 442, though who the wingers will be I've no idea. It won't be pretty and won't work against the good sides, but even an outdated old fashioned 442 would be more exciting than watching this shite.

Forget the tactics, result and all that - I was fucking livid to see him once again refusing to blame the referee one bit. We were absolutely done over today, despite the largely shit performance. The non decision on the red card, the handball for the winner, the corner we randomly didn't get (tbf like that would have mattered :lol:) and the constant free kicks for the slightest bit of nothing challenges against our players.

The players are going to start getting the idea that he couldn't really give a fuck about protecting them if he keeps that attitude in his interviews.

Forget the tactics, result and all that - I was fucking livid to see him once again refusing to blame the referee one bit. We were absolutely done over today, despite the largely shit performance. The non decision on the red card, the handball for the winner, the corner we randomly didn't get (tbf like that would have mattered :lol:) and the constant free kicks for the slightest bit of nothing challenges against our players.

The players are going to start getting the idea that he couldn't really give a fuck about protecting them if he keeps that attitude in his interviews.

:clap:

"I won't say anything so I don't get myself into trouble"

???  Aye, and next time we're at Old Trafford, and the ref has a choice between incurring the wrath of Fergie and the "ah well" of Pardew, what's he going to do?

He should have been on the pitch at half time and full time in the ref's face, not straight down the tunnel. Bollocks to keeping our dignity, being able to take the moral high ground never won a single football match. The teams/managers that win stuff are nearly always also the biggest arseholes.

At the end of the day, we're asking Rolf Harris to do Michelangelo's job on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. We're asking a bus driver to drive a McLaren in the British Grand Prix. The man has nothing on his CV to even suggest he can manage a club, to play football the majority of fans want to see whilst gaining results to achieve success on a consistent basis. We shouldn't be surprised that we lack any attacking tactical plan week in week out. The man doesn't have this quality in his managerial arsenal. He is mediocre,at best. I feel we deserve better.

If this is stability, another 7 years of this, then you can shove stability where the sun doesn't f***ing shine.

Basically sums it all up for me - excellent post.

We cannot go into another season with all this happening - it is a waste of decent players.

Guest TheGreatBeardo

Forget the tactics, result and all that - I was f***ing livid to see him once again refusing to blame the referee one bit. We were absolutely done over today, despite the largely s*** performance. The non decision on the red card, the handball for the winner, the corner we randomly didn't get (tbf like that would have mattered :lol:) and the constant free kicks for the slightest bit of nothing challenges against our players.

The players are going to start getting the idea that he couldn't really give a f*** about protecting them if he keeps that attitude in his interviews.

???  Aye, and next time we're at Old Trafford, and the ref has a choice between incurring the wrath of Fergie and the "ah well" of Pardew, what's he going to do?

He should have been on the pitch at half time and full time in the ref's face, not straight down the tunnel. Bollocks to keeping our dignity, being able to take the moral high ground never won a single football match. The teams/managers that win stuff are nearly always also the biggest arseholes.

I might be wrong like, but I think he was in the ref's face at full time wasn't he? I'm sure I saw him having a go at the ref on MOTD.

Guest tollemache

Yeah, I don't think he exactly let it lie

On another note: we've looked a lot better when trying to come from behind recently, and the set pieces are looking about thirty times more dangerous. That's nice isn't it

Forget the tactics, result and all that - I was f***ing livid to see him once again refusing to blame the referee one bit. We were absolutely done over today, despite the largely s*** performance. The non decision on the red card, the handball for the winner, the corner we randomly didn't get (tbf like that would have mattered :lol:) and the constant free kicks for the slightest bit of nothing challenges against our players.

The players are going to start getting the idea that he couldn't really give a f*** about protecting them if he keeps that attitude in his interviews.

I imagine he's been collared by Ashley after the Spurs incident and the game against Everton

Can't see the point in getting all riled up about a situation that we couldn't change at the time. Getting in the ref's face could go one of two ways, he is more lenient towards us or he is harsher towards us. We're not Manchester United and Pardew is not Ferguson. It pisses me off no end to see managers/players get in the ref's face, he isn't suddenly about to change his mind and it'll only get the players agitated.

Two very important home games coming up that I'd much rather see Pardew on the touchline for.

I imagine he's been collared by Ashley after the Spurs incident and the game against Everton

The overall feeling (within the playing group) that the manager has their back is more important than fines. If it's the other way round, and they're fine conscious/strictly worried about the bottom line where a manager remains muzzled in instances like this, well i think they know the cost of everything but understand the value of nothing.

Fair play to Carver though, for hunting the prick down - he did what Fergie, or KK would have set-out to do themselves. It would have sent out a strong statement of solidarity (from the manager) to the playing group.

If this is stability, another 7 years of this, then you can shove stability where the sun doesn't f***ing shine.

Basically sums it all up for me - excellent post.

We cannot go into another season with all this happening - it is a waste of decent players.

Rolf Harris is a very competent painter tbf.

Can't see the point in getting all riled up about a situation that we couldn't change at the time. Getting in the ref's face could go one of two ways, he is more lenient towards us or he is harsher towards us. We're not Manchester United and Pardew is not Ferguson. It pisses me off no end to see managers/players get in the ref's face, he isn't suddenly about to change his mind and it'll only get the players agitated.

Two very important home games coming up that I'd much rather see Pardew on the touchline for.

I agree. You could tell Pardew wanted to kick off but held back.

He said all he could really. He was certainly very critical of the challenge, so I don't agree he has backed down out of defending his players.

You can justifiably question Pardew's tactics, but it's hard to question his man management skills imo. The one thing he's actually good at.

I agree. You could tell Pardew wanted to kick off but held back.

Takes a big man to do that, it isn't easy.

Have to think about what kind of example it sets. If he kicks off and things go wrong again in the future with officials, do we expect Tiote to go retaliating or players to get booked for dissent?

The way Ferguson, for example, goes on is a disgrace. Referees should be trained to a higher standard, and the FA should do more to punish players in an appropriate way. A 3 match ban for McManaman would be a joke. The problem isn't going to be solved by kicking off like some Fergie-lite.

If Pardew kicks off at the weekend, next weekend you'd see kids all over the north east kicking off with referees. Shouldn't be forgotten just how much of a role model the manager and players of NUFC can be.

The overall feeling (within the playing group) that the manager has their back is more important than fines. If it's the other way round, and they're fine conscious/strictly worried about the bottom line where a manager remains muzzled in instances like this, well i think they know the cost of everything but understand the value of nothing.

Fair play to Carver though, for hunting the prick down - he did what Fergie, or KK would have set-out to do themselves. It would have sent out a strong statement of solidarity (from the manager) to the playing group.

I love what Carver did and think it needed to be done, but there is no sense in  our manager slating the ref on TV. We've been down this road before and like another user has said, we're not Man Utd and Pardew is not Fergie. What sense would it make to have our manager given a touchline ban at this part of the season?

If he has shite with the ref I'm sure they'll follow it up the right way behind closed doors.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was actually embarrassed by Carver personally, although I can understand why he did it and I won't lie I would have probably done the same but this guy is representing NUFC and therefore should always be on his best behavior and to uphold the club's image in the best possible way at all times.

Pardew did the right thing and I thought he was classy as anything in the way he actually dealt with it, from the moment it happened, at the final whistle and all his dealings with the media since.

I can see where some are coming from saying he should have slated him live on air etc. but I'm sick and tired of the histrionics and politics of football. We are bigger than that or ought to be. Sure it won't win us anything but in an age where there is f***ing nowt decent about the game itself its good to see some decency from those within it, especially at our own club. If only their f***ing player, manager and now chairman had the same decency...

Good on Pardew. Good on NUFC too for being dignified in all of this.

Look at Fergie's reaction when van Persie got a ball blasted off him, I don't want anyone associated with my club going on like that regardless of tackle, decision, loss etc.

Btw, the players know Pardew has their back. Did anyone see him when the poor lad was being stretchered off? Pardew looked like a father worried about his son and I thought the way he reached out to touch Haidara was heartening.

I can't stand the bloke as a manager and don't particularly like him as a personality either, but he conducted himself very well yesterday.

Probably agree that Pardew's level of restraint was the best way, but also time I think we have been a bit of a soft touch on and off the pitch when it comes to standing up to incorrect decisions etc over the last couple of years. Imagine if a ManU player had been on the receiving end of that assault yesterday?

I don't normally like seeing that kind of carry on, but in the face of such violent provocation yesterday I say well done to John Carver and Andy Woodman who was right behind him.