Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest JRandall96

Europa League has really proven how little our squad is. We shouldnt of had to play poor Bigi.

Need to get some quality players in if we are to do well next season. Not young cheap players. Proper proven players and i must admit we've started doing that already  :aww:

Europa League has really proven how little our squad is. We shouldnt of had to play poor Bigi.

Need to get some quality players in if we are to do well next season. Not young cheap players. Proper proven players and i must admit we've started doing that already  :aww:

It's really not a small squad at this point, particularly in midfield.  Out wide and up front we could do with some more options.

Guest JRandall96

It's really not a small squad at this point, particularly in midfield.  Out wide and up front we could do with some more options.

Small squad in quality? Having to play Bigi in my opinion was ridiculous still a young lad  :idiot2:

Guest neesy111

Small squad in quality? Having to play Bigi in my opinion was ridiculous still a young lad  :idiot2:

He played against Man Utd and Arsenal away in the space of 5 days and was arguably one our best player over those games despite the results.  Not a problem playing him.

He didn't have to play Bigi as Marveaux and Perch were on the bench..... as IP said the only real areas we are weak is outwide and upfront, now i might accept the squad was weak before January to juggle PL and EL games but after buying who we bought it sure as hell isn't now.

Guest JRandall96

More issue with the fact that Gabby Obertan is so s*** he couldn't manage a start in a wide right position. We had to play a DM in that role.

:cheesy:

More issue with the fact that Gabby Obertan is so s*** he couldn't manage a start in a wide right position. We had to play a DM in that role.

Did we really have to though? seems to me it was a choice of Pardew not something that was forced upon him we had other options.

He didn't have to play Bigi as Marveaux and Perch were on the bench..... as IP said the only real areas we are weak is outwide and upfront, now i might accept the squad was weak before January to juggle PL and EL games but after buying who we bought it sure as hell isn't now.

We had arguably our first choice back four all out for one reason or another.

Guest JRandall96

Which is why i believe our squad still isn't big enough if we want to really achieve something  O0

Did we really have to though? seems to me it was a choice of Pardew not something that was forced upon him we had other options.

I mean, being nitpicky dude - but basically my point is we couldn't play a winger due to Marv being unable to handle 2 full matches in short order. So he decides to impose the contain, therefore also decides to play Bigi wide right to help defensively. Which if he wanted 45 mins to not concede it worked. Well done gaffer. But we have so little depth or squad, we couldn't even play a winger out there. We had to play another central defensive minded player. Where does this winger play? The ressies, yesterday.

How often does that happen to anyone though? just unlucky in regards to 3/4 of it i really fail to see how we lack depth in defence at this moment in time of course if Coloccini and Simpson leave that might change but at this moment in time the squad is big enough in defence and midfield.

Where we have problems is out wide and upfront but that is well documented.

How many players did we have missing from the starting line up due to injury or cup tied? like 7 i can promise you now if the equivalents of Coloccini, Debuchy, Taylor, Santon, Tiote, Ben Arfa and Gouffran were missing for Man City their squad would start to look small too.

The squad is far from small, we need 2 or 3 more quality players to push the top 6 but the squad is hardly weak or small.

Squad depth and injuries are a lesser part of the issues regarding our current problems imo. Some of the games in which she have needed and were likey to get optimum points and have played one up front. Hope we adopt fulham levels of tenacity tomorrow.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see us pick up a lot after becoming 'safe', a lot of our performances we ahve been way too nervous and scared to play well. That said that all seems to be wrapped up in Pardew's gameplan  :lol: