Alan Pardew

Dave

He thinks he's a decent football manager, and wants to talk like one, but he really isn't.

To be honest, not a lot of thought was put into that post or the wording, could just as well have been 'cunt', 'twat' or 'useless fucking waster'.

Don't really understand the word 'fraud' in relation to Pardew, seems a particularly personal and vicious insult for a football manager. You think he's s****, that's totally fair, but I don't get this angle at all.

He talks about another reality all the time. I'd call him a revisionist more than fraud, but the way he portrays our season, performances and his own surroundings is so far away from what the rest of us experience every weekend.

For all his talk of controlling possession etc. last summer (especially remember him talking about how he wanted to implement ideas from Spain after the Euro's), it's just complete bollocks when we then top the charts for most long balls in Europe's top five leagues.

That's where the "fraud" ephitet derives from.

The more he talks the less confident I get about getting a result against Liverpool. No wonder his teams always look like they are bricking it after his half time team talks.

It's actually really obvious why someone would use the word "fraud" like.

Sorry for trying to have some discussion, maybe the forum should just be endless disconnected statements that everyone assumes the response to.

It would be easier I suppose.

Sorry for trying to have some discussion, maybe the forum should just be endless disconnected statements that everyone assumes the response to.

Read the quotes from Cabaye when he signed for the type of football that Pardew said we'd be playing. :thup:

Guest hobshobs

I'm thinking of dropping it altogether which for me only means not watching the majority of games on TV and my laptop and actually being in attendance for 5-10 of them. However I know people who can't be arsed with their season tickets anymore, others who have had the joy sucked out of it for them and are sick of pointless away trips. This is the situation we're in.

Football isn't fun anymore and it's this daft c***'s fault.

This cycle comes and goes with people; some come back to being regular attendees/watchers, some drift off into other interests in their life and only read the scores in the paper.

The same thing was written a thousand times after the Keegan fiasco, the 'novelty' of winning every other week in the Championship brought some people back/attracted others.

The same thing was written a thousand times after Hughton was sacked and Pardew appointed/Carroll sold, the novelty of the 5th placed finish brought some people back/attracted others.

Don't suppose it's much fun to feel so apathetic about a club you feel you're emotionally and intellectually invested in but perhaps you'll be brought back in the not too distant future.

Great points Stu. To add to that though, the home crowds would be nowhere near what they are now if it wasn't for the large family section filling up many seats. These cheaper family options are what's keeping the gates up. Honestly and truthfully, our matchday group are so fed up with watching this drivel week in, week out. We really are to a man. I've never really been one for chasing a manager out, but these performances, given the squad we have, are easily the worst I've ever seen in many years following the team. The fans are fed up, the players obviously don't believe in what they are asking them to do, you don't looked forward to the match at all. Home games are slightly better but is there actually any point in going to away games? I'm on a rant now, but have you seen what he has Steven Taylor doing in front of the opposition goalkeeper when he's trying to line up his wall. It's plain classless, what you'd expect to see in the local park when two pub teams are playing. Please just get rid off him. Giving him a few months at the start of next season means we'll be playing catch up from October / November. GET RID!

What is happening now/ or has been happening all season, was what we all expected from the start of his reign, it has just taken longer than expected, but it was always coming.

Hopefully he can scrape enough points to keep us up, then Ashley does the right thing and gets rid, and brings someone in to really take us forward. Everything is pretty much in place for it other than the manager.

I find it strange that you now want a discussion in the thread that you constantly claim to detest? I'm sure you can see why anyone would have been thrown slightly by that.

Anyway "A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.", I'm sure you can see why many would would associate that with Pardew.

I find it strange that you now want a discussion in the thread that you constantly claim to detest? I'm sure you can see why anyone would have been thrown slightly by that.

Anyway "A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.", I'm sure you can see why many would would associate that with Pardew.

I don't constantly claim to detest it at all, I dislike it when the debate degenerates, something that I was actively trying to prevent by asking a question.

The definition is exactly why I don't agree with the word fraud. He may be a bit arrogant at times, and the things he is doing are definitely not working at the moment, but I don't think it justifies saying he is trying to deceive people.

He bends the truth and says things for PR reasons just like every football manager, obviously.

If he isn't trying to deceive people then what exactly is he trying to do by directing blatant lies and/or excuses to those people? Is this an inside joke that I havn't got the memo for or something? :lol:

It's not just that he constantly talks shit though it's that people people actually buy his patter, comments such as "he has had his hands tied" have been used many times this season, or at least they had until a couple of weeks ago.

The man comes out with a new excuse every week to deflect criticism and make it appear as though he simply has an impossible task, when in reality he just isn't the right man for the job and he probably knows this.

If he isn't trying to deceive people then what exactly is he trying to do by directing blatant lies and/or excuses to those people? Is this an inside joke that I havn't got the memo for or something? :lol:

It's not just that he constantly talks shit though it's that people people actually buy his patter, comments such as "he has had his hands tied" have been used many times this season, or at least they had until a couple of weeks ago.

The man comes out with a new excuse every week to deflect criticism and make it appear as though he simply has an impossible task, when in reality he just isn't the right man for the job and he probably knows this.

I know what you're saying, he does talk a fair amount of shite when under pressure. I just think the excuses and general bollocks don't go much beyond what could be expected from a manager, especially one who is performing so badly.

It's the expectations as well, as if other managers are straight-down-the-line with the fans and media, and everything they say is the absolute truth.

Guest icemanblue

I know what you're saying, he does talk a fair amount of shite when under pressure. I just think the excuses and general bollocks don't go much beyond what could be expected from a manager, especially one who is performing so badly.

It's the expectations as well, as if other managers are straight-down-the-line with the fans and media, and everything they say is the absolute truth.

Amen to that. It's easier to stomach the spin, bullshit and PR when a team is doing well. But, every single manager in the game is guilty of it. Often, they'll be praised for keeping the home truths 'in house' to protect the players etc. That doesn't make them frauds.

If you can't see that Pardew talks vastly more bullshit than the average then I don't know what to say to you really.

Imagine Pulis trying to claim he was going to try and learn from Spain ffs.

Obviously I don't dissect the comments of other managers like people do to Pardew on here, but I have heard many, many things from football managers which I think are total nonsense. Pardew answers questions and tends to ramble on a bit, that's his weakness.

Anyway, it's kind of a separate issue from whether he's the man for the job or not, I just think he gets over-analysed and over-criticised over quotes. Particularly ones that are analysed as written rather than spoken, and without the question he was asked and the rest of the context.

Guest icemanblue

If you can't see that Pardew talks vastly more bullshit than the average then I don't know what to say to you really.

Imagine Pulis trying to claim he was going to try and learn from Spain ffs.

Like old Martin O'Neil saying he wanted Sunderland to play like Barcelona?

I'm relatively sure a lot of managers would have said this anyway, post Euros. Chances are they would have been directly asked about it prior to the start of the season.

Some guff being spouted in here...we are 5 th bottom on 37 points with a goal dif of -17. People can make all sorts of excuses for him, i did earlier in the season.  But facts are facts, our sorry arsed season could see us relegated.  If people are happy to defend him, fine but dont ignore the danger we are in.

Its just not good enough from the manager.

Bullshitters always get found out.

Some guff being spouted in here...we are 5 th bottom on 37 points with a goal dif of -17. People can make all sorts of excuses for him, i did earlier in the season.  But facts are facts, our sorry arsed season could see us relegated.  If people are happy to defend him, fine but dont ignore the danger we are in.

Its just not good enough from the manager.

Bullshitters always get found out.

Slightly pointless objection because, as I said, it was a different discussion to whether he's the man for the job. Nobody could argue his performance this season has been good enough.

I'm just clinging to the hope that Ashley is waiting until we're mathematically safe to sack him. There'll be a black cloud looming over next season, regardless of who we sign, if he's still here as so many have lost faith in him.

I'm just clinging to the hope that Ashley is waiting until we're mathematically safe to sack him. There'll be a black cloud looming over next season, regardless of who we sign, if he's still here as so many have lost faith in him.

Pretty much. Can't see him turning this around due to his lack of managerial ability. As it is now, he's trying to talk himself out of it by saying he "can't talk himself out of it". It's all very sad stuff, but unfortunately it's what it has come to.

Like someone said. A new manager would get me so excited for next season, because we have such a good squad and structure in place.